PDA

View Full Version : M1 C and M1D accessories. Manufacturing Questions.

MH53GUNNER
06-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I ma all for USGI surplus, but, the prices being charged these days for accessories is well just BS.

Several years ago a company in Texas manufactured a reproduction M2 hider which was stamped EIPRUS MFG. CO. The company wanted to show the hider as repro and hence EIPRUS is Surp...

Examination of several units showed that the overall quality was OK, however, the overall quality control was bad. Some of the cones were found to be loose and the park jobs were ...well not up to snuff.

Springfield Armory was offering these unts for sale in the late 80's

If you search the auction sites there is little beng offered for sale and with the price being on average around 200 bucks is not something the average Joe can afford.

Let me ask you this.?????

Would anyone be willing to pay around 60 bucks for a first quality late model M2 hider? What price do you feel would be amarket based price that you would be willing to pay??

The min order for the lot is 2000 units. Do you think the market would take this?

Please do not let this become a bash the repro stuff thread. Remember this is not the WAR ROOM.

jak
06-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Are there 2000 M1C's/M1D's out there without a M2 hider ?

MH53GUNNER
06-10-2011, 11:45 PM

doubt it. Lots of people purchasing cheek pads and sticking hiders on rifles with scope mounts.

Dave
06-11-2011, 06:28 PM

I don't think its a question of how many are out there more than how many are out there that don't have a hider on them. As far as the naked ones currently being sold by CMP or ones being built from scratch, I think the use of repro parts is fine as long as they are marked as such,whether it be hiders,cheekpads or scopes and mounts. IMHO, these guns are not true D'/C's anyway, they are home built. I doubt there would be a demand for 2k repro units, be lucky for even 500 maybe.

MH53GUNNER
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I should have mentioned that the parts from this importer are clearly marked as a reproductions. The company that would manufacture the part is the same manufacture that makes many parts for Springfield Armory and many other gun manufactures to include militaries around the globe.

Not made in China either!