PDA

View Full Version : The end must really be near. Orest is retiring.

cannonshooter
06-20-2014, 07:24 AM
CMP Board Announces Retirement of Orest and Nina Michaels

ANNISTON, ALABAMA - Following a comprehensive management succession plan, the board of directors of The Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, commonly known as the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), has announced the upcoming retirement of Chief Operating Officer, Orest Michaels, effective 19 September, 2014.

Board Chairman, Judith Legerski, credits Mr. Michaels with the success of the company as it struggled through its early days to become a national leader in marksmanship safety, competition, junior shooting, and training. Mr. Michaels began working for the CMP in 1997, shortly after its privatization. He initially took care of operations at CMP South and shortly thereafter began handling sales at both CMP North and CMP South. He served as the DCM for about a year, prior to Gary Anderson's being hired to fill the position. In late 2004 Mr. Michaels began directing the day-to-day operations of the corporation. His expertise will not be lost to the CMP. Immediately upon his retirement Mr. Michaels will take a seat on the board of directors of the CMP. Prior to his service with the CMP, he retired as a U.S. Army logistician and past Division Chief of the Defense Depot Anniston Weapons Division.

Nina Michaels will also retire on 19 September, 2014. Nina serves as the CMP South General Manager, and was one of the first employees employed by the company when it was privatized in 1996. Mrs. Michaels' consistent good sense and steady hand is responsible for the growth and development of the CMP South in Anniston, Alabama, where the rifle sales operation was originally conducted at the Anniston Army Depot until the organization expanded and moved to the city of Anniston.

Mr. Michaels will be succeeded by current Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Mark Johnson on 1 October. Johnson began his CMP career as an armorer in 2000, completed his education and rose through the ranks, having served as Deputy Chief Operating Officer for a number of years.

"The CMP has been fortunate to have the Michaels at the helm of our daily operations for the past 17 years," Mrs. Legerski said. "Orest and Nina have helped grow the organization from a very modest experiment to the vibrant and expanding organization it is today."

The Michaels plan to spend time with children and grandchildren in retirement.

"Nina and I are proud of what's been accomplished by the CMP over the past 17 years, thanks to a great CMP staff," Mr. Michaels said. "We've sold a lot of rifles and helped build a marksmanship culture that we hope will continue to grow, especially among young people."

seaninmich
06-20-2014, 09:15 AM
17 years if living in the top 1% tax bracket and, I'm sure, a fat retirement package. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

I look forward to watching the CMPites cry and lament of his leaving and offer his praises and worship for his years of service. LOL.

cannonshooter
06-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Dont think he would be leaving if things were as rosy as they make them out to be. The rifle sales will be ending soon and so will end the CMP cash cow.
Mack

Old Guard
06-20-2014, 11:19 AM
WIBD...Now what follows? OG.

LEAD POISON
06-20-2014, 11:45 AM
captain crunch returns

Roadkingtrax
06-20-2014, 12:01 PM
The Retirement thread is too much to handle.

With a CMP and Govt retirement (and military too), he could have a heavy coke problem and still live comfortable.

Prince Humperdink
06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Oh no,now everyone will have to "ask mark",and change their alters.

Brinks352
06-20-2014, 02:53 PM
17 years if living in the top 1% tax bracket and, I'm sure, a fat retirement package. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

I look forward to watching the CMPites cry and lament of his leaving and offer his praises and worship for his years of service. LOL.

It has already started. I had to stop reading after a couple of comments, felt like I was going to puke.

timshufflin
06-20-2014, 03:48 PM
I have to give it to Orest, he's done a really good job maximizing profits for the CMP and that's what it's all about. All those profits go to the "non profit" goal of promoting the "mission", marksmanship. New rifle ranges, shooting programs, big annuities, it's all been done and I think Orest has done a pretty good job of balancing things to gouge for profits just enough. Then he's set up this pro shop to use the CMP crony status yet again for another bite at the apple. I think he's been well worth his $300,000 + salary. It sure beats having to compete against him and his free inventory.

M1orNone
06-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Good. Maybe now the cherry-picking and behind-the-crates handyjammers will slow down a bit.

Old Guard
06-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Good. Maybe now the cherry-picking and behind-the-crates handyjammers will slow down a bit.

Say it ain't so george, say it ain't so.....Dunno, If they are shaking in their boots yet or not, they may already have Mark in their pocket???

Schriv
06-20-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm sure the fanboys will want to have a life sized bronze statue placed outside the South store when he goes.

Punch The Clown
06-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I sent mark johnson a tube of Zim's Crack Cream for his tool as a pre-treatment.

seaninmich
06-22-2014, 05:07 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=140246

Are you kidding me? what the hell is wrong with people??? Might I suggest....that everyone stop fighting over a taste of orest's man-butter and take a reality pill? Good grief!

Old Guard
06-23-2014, 12:43 PM
The current salary for Orest?? Surely not $300k, Plus the lush retirement of govforment...? D---...Og.

ordmm
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=140246

Are you kidding me? what the hell is wrong with people??? Might I suggest....that everyone stop fighting over a taste of orest's man-butter and take a reality pill? Good grief!

Am thinking someone's having a bit of fun....if the post is not a joke and the person is serious I'm going to puke.

cannonshooter
06-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Wow I am surprised that no one has suggested The great Orest bottle his butter and sell it on the CMP estore so his faithful followers can then impregnate their wives or girlfriends so they will always have a part of Orest in their lives.
Mack

Edited out of love by Shufflin