PDA

View Full Version : Identify?

vaticanvoodoo
07-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Hey all. I was referred here by another forum. They thought you might be able to help identify my rifle. I've done research but haven't been able to find anything useful. This was inherited.

timshufflin
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Didn't see the bottom but guessing it's mag fed? The bolt stop, bad picture to see it, looks like a BM59 stop. It is in a BM59 paratrooper stock which has some of the selector holes covered. The front end is magnificent in its own way. It is a drop down front end but not a BM59 gas cylinder, it appears to be pinned with a custom made gas lock. I'd love to see more and better pictures.

buckley94thmp
07-13-2014, 10:19 PM
definitely going to need some more pictures, particularly with the rifle out of the stock.
ill take a shot with what i can see.

looks like a non welded USGI M1 receiver modified to accept detachable magazines. the barrel appears to be 16 inches +/-. the stock is a bm59 para. i haven't seen the gas cylinder before but in appears to be very similar to a bm 59.

buckley94thmp
07-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Didn't see the bottom but guessing it's mag fed? The bolt stop, bad picture to see it, looks like a BM59 stop. It is in a BM59 paratrooper stock which has some of the selector holes covered. The front end is magnificent in its own way. It is a drop down front end but not a BM59 gas cylinder, it appears to be pinned with a custom made gas lock. I'd love to see more and better pictures.

^
what he said

vaticanvoodoo
07-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Yes, it is mag fed. 308/7.62. What pictures would you like to see?

buckley94thmp
07-13-2014, 10:25 PM
a couple pics like these

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?2292-What-should-a-BM59-receiver-look-like-and-fit-like

and also pull back the operating rod and let us know what is written on the barrel. and a piture of the magazine, sometimes a rifle like this is set up for m14 mags rather than bm59