LEAD POISON
09-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Well! What happened in Idyho?;Confused;

Prince Humperdink
09-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah,what John said!??!!!

timshufflin
09-24-2014, 01:29 PM
The camp was great, the scenery was gorgeous, the food was good, and the hunting was bad. Out of 8 hunters, about 7 bear were spotted. My son got a shot at a bear on the last day at 388 yards. Nick hit it but after 7 hours of tracking, no bear. So much food everywhere, I saw no reason for a bear to come out of the low lands and be seen, they didn't.

The terrain of this place was like something I've never seen before. Not since my football and wrestling days have I worked this hard. Some had to bow out the first day, just couldn't get the oxygen they needed to make their bodies work. If you're going up hill you're killing your cardio and if you're going down hill you're straining your knees. After about day 3 I think I got my "sea leg's" and was mostly fine.

I'll be trying this again, I like the struggle and romance of spot and stalk and I absolutely love Idaho! Idaho has to be the most gorgeous state in this country and I think I've been to all but 4. Oh, we hunted at anywhere from 5500 to 6200 feet.

cuppednlocked
09-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Some say the journey is the trophy.

If all else is good it can make up for the lack of shooting. Congratulations!

LEAD POISON
09-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Well I always say that's hunting not shopping. If it was easy we wouldn't do it, or have an interest in it.

Old Guard
09-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Really glad to hear about the hunt..Glad everyone came home, safely. ..

Hal O'Peridol
09-27-2014, 03:10 AM
Well, you should have went to my wife's place in Vancouver BC. Big old blackie rummaging through the trash cans in the neighborhood the last week. Paw print it left on the hood of my car was about 9 inches across.