PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Trash or Treasures?

dogboysdad
10-19-2014, 09:11 AM
I wandered the smaller of two shows yesterday. I found some things that I found interesting to me, but I wasn't sure if it was trash or treasure.

First, I found a BM59 tricompensator, 5" or so, little remaining finish. Seller wanted $140. Should I try to buy it or pass?

Second, I found an IHC stock with metal. The stock was sanded. DAS is visible. numbers and a letter in barrel channel. Seller wants $150. Buy or pass?

Third was a USGI? tool made to re-thread the gas block on M1 carbines. $75 OBO. It is the whole set up with the device that holds the barrel and the taps.

Last, several Smith Corona barrels. One looked like NOS, the other was clearly off of a rifle. Both had ME of 1.5. The first barrel was minty other than handling marks. The other had a small amount of pitting under the wood. Both had front sight bases but no blades. Each was $200. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

seaninmich
10-19-2014, 10:07 AM
$150 for an IHC stock with metal is pretty good. flyguy is selling IHC stock sets for $500-700

Brinks352
10-19-2014, 10:26 AM
First, I found a BM59 tricompensator, 5" or so, little remaining finish. Seller wanted $140. Should I try to buy it or pass? BUY

Second, I found an IHC stock with metal. The stock was sanded. DAS is visible. numbers and a letter in barrel channel. Seller wants $150. Buy or pass? BUY

Third was a USGI? tool made to re-thread the gas block on M1 carbines. $75 OBO. It is the whole set up with the device that holds the barrel and the taps. NO CLUE

Last, several Smith Corona barrels. One looked like NOS, the other was clearly off of a rifle. Both had ME of 1.5. The first barrel was minty other than handling marks. The other had a small amount of pitting under the wood. Both had front sight bases but no blades. Each was $200. Your thoughts? Offer 325 for the pair

dogboysdad
10-19-2014, 07:46 PM
I went back after church and got . . . nothing. The show was winding up at 2:00 and many vendors had left by then.

Punch The Clown
10-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I went back after church and got . . . nothing. The show was winding up at 2:00 and many vendors had left by then.

Obviously the Lord didn't want you to have these things. He works in mysterious ways.

Old Guard
10-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Well, that happens here too..Snooze you lose, then something better comes next?

dogboysdad
10-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Well, I did manage to get a barrel from a buddy that is correctly dated for my rifle for cheap. This means I can sell the one I already have and buy . . . . ??????