PDA

View Full Version : Inland manufacturing m1 carbines (new)

centurion20000
10-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Looks like M1 Carbine fans are feeling the love.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/inland-manufacturing-rebirth-old-name/

Excerpt:

History buffs and reenactors take note–Inland Manufacturing has announced the launch of their new incarnation of the old M1 Carbine line. That is right, I said Inland. But this is not the former division of General Motors that is known for its war time production of American arms. This is a new company with new production firearms.

Inland will be making two models: a straight stocked and a paratrooper with a folding stock. The two carbines are outfitted like the late war models with adjustable sights, push button safety and the mag catch that supports the 30 round magazines. The Paratrooper has the correct barrel band without the bayonet lug. The standard model has the later style with the lug. We recently had the chance to see both models side-by-side with original Inlands, and we had to get in close to tell the difference.

Pedro
10-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Very nice Centurion. I had a Saginaw and an IBM I had to sell about 5 years ago and that brought back memories.
Thanks for wrecking my night.;)
Respects, Pedro.

Nov42M1
11-01-2014, 09:39 PM
MSRP is $1000. What do you think they'll be selling for? Everything sells for less than MSRP don't it?

centurion20000
11-02-2014, 02:11 AM
If the MSRP is $1000 then the FFL cost is going to be around $700. 30% markup is the norm. So then can show up at cost plus markup. Hope that helps.

Tuna
11-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Just remember the average price for a rebuilt original Inland is around $800. I would rather have an original then a new untested reproduction. And if they are anything like the parent company then quality control will be spotty at best.

Old Guard
11-17-2014, 12:57 PM
The cost of originals was just too high for me..the newer models had the micro-gooved barrel, looks about like 8 to 10 lands.

Tuna
11-18-2014, 12:02 AM
If the dealer selling price is going to be abut the same as an original Inland even if rebuilt then it's not much of a deal when for the same money one can have the real deal.

KamRent
08-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone, just would like to introduce myself, Im the new guy.

Im located in the Inland Empire and just got a roller from an acquaintance. Looking forward to slowly building it.

Is there anything else Im suppose to say or do???

Punch The Clown
08-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi Kam, today you are from southern kalifornia, your info says panama, and your ip address is in amsterdam-today that is. The other day you were in indonesia. You must have an interesting job traveling so much.
Good luck with your roller build.

dogboysdad
03-15-2020, 09:50 AM
I am also interested in a roller build. I could not find info on roller builds on the Shuff’s website. Can you share some info? Where do I begin?