PDA

View Full Version : A Question for you guys downstate (NYC Area)

jbkf1003
11-05-2014, 01:54 PM
My wife is taking the 2 older kids on the Amtrak to NYC this weekend with her parents. I'm staying with the little 2 at home. She is staying in the times square area and they won't be traveling at night, but I of course always have some concern about their safety. Is a Kimber Pepper Blaster Legal in NYC? I was going to pickup one for her to take with her.

Thanks
Justin

Punch The Clown
11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Justin, I believe it is illegal to sell but ok to have. Before deblasio this place was pretty damn safe. Now we're in the middle of a little spike in crime, but manhattan is safe.

jbkf1003
11-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Justin, I believe it is illegal to sell but ok to have. Before deblasio this place was pretty damn safe. Now we're in the middle of a little spike in crime, but manhattan is safe.

Thank you sir. I figure she'll be ok in the touristy areas, but would always feel better if she had something...

Illegal to sell but ok to have how stupid is that... I would doubt a LEO would hassle a mother with her two girls for having pepper spray, but what do I know..

She will be riding the subway a bit, I think they want to go see the big green french lady...

Punch The Clown
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM
They'll be fine. When Tim and Dawn were here a couple of years ago they were amazed at the NYPD firepower in the tour
isty areas. Full auto, snipers and what not.

jbkf1003
11-05-2014, 08:31 PM
They'll be fine. When Tim and Dawn were here a couple of years ago they were amazed at the NYPD firepower in the tour
isty areas. Full auto, snipers and what not.

What No Mini-Gs?

cannonshooter
11-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes Pepper Spray is legal to own in NYS but only Pharmacies and gun stores can sell it. Now its use does come with some legal requirements. To use it as a civilian you have to have exhausted all other alternatives before force is used. It has to be used only in self defense. The person who uses it once they have safely escaped the area must dial 911 to report the crime against him/her and file a report. I can guarantee you that if you are not the first person who reports it you will be arrested for assault. Be prepared to give a description of the person who was sprayed when the patrol cops show up where it happened why it happened. So at approximately 935 pm on the east corner of Broadway and 44th street a white man wearing dirty blue jeans a dirty red shirt dirty white sneakers and a blue light weight jacket who had blonde hair blue eyes grabbed me by the neck and demanded my money. so I defended myself by spraying a burst of OC into his facial as I was fearful for my life. I was able to get away from him after spraying him once in the face and got to 46th and broadway where I felt I was safe and dialed 911. You have no satisfied why you used force you were being robbed, you explained that you could not retreat he had you by the throat, you did not use excessive force you used the force necessary to retreat and you dialed 911 to report it.
Mack

Old Guard
11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
A Good example,, Deadly Force requires, " I was in fear of my Life", or 'He was attempting to take one of my children.." If you think NYC is bad, we just had 5 shootings in 7 days.., No doubt Mem is spooked..