PDA

View Full Version : Hra service rifle arrives DBU June 16th..

Old Guard
11-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Well waited for my rifle order, and refused the switch email. It came last week, still working on getting a few pictures..it is better than the one I bought 2 years ago..With more HRA parts and a good original stock and handguards..So I was pleased...Still don't know what the gas cylinder is as it has not a single mark???It is not tight on a realyy nice barrel, so I might try to adjust the fit?

Orlando
11-11-2014, 08:18 PM
gas cylinders are not marked but have certain charcteristics that you can usually tell manufacture

Old Guard
11-13-2014, 10:20 AM
gas cylinders are not marked but have certain charcteristics that you can usually tell manufacture

I have been studing the Cylinder files looking..I suspect it is korean? Just looks plain, and black, the front sight looks to be about the right width..gas plug screw was a p with an hexagon, and plenty of tool wear?

Orlando
11-13-2014, 07:05 PM
I doubdt its Korean coming on a CMP rifle. Post some pics of it, I'm not a expert on them by any means but can sometimes pull a rabbit out of the hat

Old Guard
11-14-2014, 09:52 AM
I doubdt its Korean coming on a CMP rifle. Post some pics of it, I'm not a expert on them by any means but can sometimes pull a rabbit out of the hat

I hope to do just that, Post photos..This cylinder just looks funny and it is very loose, to be in such nice shape outside..Still looking at High hump gas cyl lock , as i thought that IHC and HRA both had them on late versions..Mine is 5,690,0xx, model.

Orlando
11-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Barrel splines just need peened, not unusual

Old Guard
11-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Barrel splines just need peened, not unusual

Your right that does work, BUTT, this barrel just looks too good... I have done the peening before with high success... If I remember correctly I asked you if you were going to steam your 43 rifle stock..You said it looked best, as been there and done it? Well my remark was sometimes i cannot help my self with stocks???I only looked at this one a couple days, THEN took it to the the steam pot, Just HATE those nasty sight knob prints and op rod dents..Now it has been cleaned and BLO'ed to my satisfaction, have not made up my mind on this gas cylinder, wasted an hour looking at different references, jury still out on it?/ But so goes life, I 'll be back next week...Hopefully no SNOW will be involved? OG.