PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Over the TOP!!!!!!!

toolman
11-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Bought a LCS9 a few months ago. I shot about 1300 rounds threw it. Broke it down and cleaned. Reassembled and slide stuck open. Wouldn't budge at all!!! So took it back to dealer he sent it back to ruger. Within 6 days back in tooldaddys hands. I didn't pay anything at all. Works like a new one again. ( replaced magazine latch,guide rod assembly,slide stop spring!!! ) Also sent me a ruger cleaning cloth. And thanked me for my support!! Peace toolman

jbkf1003
11-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Cool. Glad to hear they took care of you. I own several of their firearms, including a LCP which I carry a lot. Never had a problem that wasn't ammo related. Glad to hear their CS is upto par if I need it.

Justin

Old Guard
11-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Ruger,, Same here, I own a few...Never any trouble, until I took the mark 2 .22 target pistol apart..the Recoil spring holder can go in three places??They should put the proper location in their literature..Yeap it took ALL Three trys to get it to fire again... Mental note To- self, Don't remove it with out a Photo first..Haven't shot it in years..

jbkf1003
11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Don't remove it with out a Photo first...

That's good advice for just about anything....

Punch The Clown
11-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Did Ruger leave ct yet?

Old Guard
11-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Did Ruger leave ct yet?

I believe I read they,Ruger, were Bailing out, something about their tans, err excuse, their bans...or additional taxes..

centurion20000
11-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear they took care of you. I have a few Rugers in the revolver department, they are TANKS.

Old Guard
11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Glad to hear they took care of you. I have a few Rugers in the revolver department, they are TANKS.

Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving...I had ignored my Redhawk, that thing is awesome with the 16 inch ball of fire out the short barrel..

centurion20000
11-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving...I had ignored my Redhawk, that thing is awesome with the 16 inch ball of fire out the short barrel..

So I'll share this one fun anecdote.

I'm at the range with my hand cannon (SRH 454, 7.5" barrel) .... my and my buddy (also a masochist with a 454) are testing out the new 405gr load we worked up to ~1150 fps (I'm sure it was hot but we were having too much fun with it). Two bays down there is a father and son [maybe 7-8 years old] shooting .22's. We made sure we went disturbing much [be polite], but we were still shooting the loudest things on the range.

So BLAM BLAM ... ad nauseum right?

The little kid is behind us rooted to the spot entranced. A lul comes up where everything is relatively quiet.
And the little kid runs up to his father "Daddy, daddy, that man's gun is shooting FIRE!!!" "Can we get one??"

Kinda funny and a little heartwarming all at once.

Old Guard
11-24-2014, 03:42 PM
So I'll share this one fun anecdote.

I'm at the range with my hand cannon (SRH 454, 7.5" barrel) .... my and my buddy (also a masochist with a 454) are testing out the new 405gr load we worked up to ~1150 fps (I'm sure it was hot but we were having too much fun with it). Two bays down there is a father and son [maybe 7-8 years old] shooting .22's. We made sure we went disturbing much [be polite], but we were still shooting the loudest things on the range.

So BLAM BLAM ... ad nauseum right?

The little kid is behind us rooted to the spot entranced. A lul comes up where everything is relatively quiet.
And the little kid runs up to his father "Daddy, daddy, that man's gun is shooting FIRE!!!" "Can we get one??"

Kinda funny and a little heartwarming all at once.

Excellant, I love to see the fireballs, usually about 30 mins of sundown...I have watched a few .454's shoot..Of course you are not using burst resistant powder, are you..?? Og.

LEAD POISON
11-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Im hunting deer this week with a scoped Redhawk .44.A great piece.
Althou I havnt seen a deer yet. HaHa.

centurion20000
11-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Excellant, I love to see the fireballs, usually about 30 mins of sundown...I have watched a few .454's shoot..Of course you are not using burst resistant powder, are you..?? Og.

I use H-110 and W-296 ... good stuff. :)
The extra heavy bullet comes from 45-70 bullets (.458) that I resize to .452 and it's better for recoil. More of a push than a jerk.