PDA

View Full Version : The sky is fallingg!!!!

toolman
12-20-2014, 11:11 PM
The LIONS made it to the playoffs AGAIN!!! Love toolman

timshufflin
12-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Again???? This is one year in a row!

toolman
12-21-2014, 02:08 PM
they have been twice now in 10 years. celebration time... Im heading to Michigan for lions and Denver in Super Bowl!!!!

musketjon
12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Who really eff'ing cares???
Jon

timshufflin
12-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Jon

Obviously US!

toolman
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Jon

US!!!! Because we are from the Midwest! We are ODD like that!!! Peace Toolman

musketjon
12-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Personally, I could give a flying phuck about ALL sports in general. Sports has absolutely no bearing on my well-being or day to day activities or livelihood. Sports are for people who have no life.
Jon

toolman
12-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Personally, I could give a flying phuck about ALL sports in general. Sports has absolutely no bearing on my well-being or day to day activities or livelihood. Sports are for people who have no life.
Jon
This area says NO FLAMING. So I'm BITING MY TONGUE... And my fingers are getting cramps. So Jon I will leave before I unleash the UGLY beast

timshufflin
12-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Jon

Actually, participating in sports is about competition, working together as a team, building character. Sports prepares one for life. Just because one is not good at sports should not mean one should demean those that are or like it. Shooting, although only an activity, shares many of the things with sports that makes both shooting and sports great. You have competition, if only with yourself, and the practicing to make yourself better. I would compare shooting to golf, another activity that can be done all by yourself.

When it's time to hang up the cleats, singlet, skates, it still inspires me to watch those who will put themselves through the trials and anguish required to be great at something. To be as great as one can push themselves to be at something is beautiful and a testament to the human spirit.

Jon, who gave you a wedgie and locked you in your locker when you were younger to give you such a poor regard for athletics?

centurion20000
12-22-2014, 01:35 AM
... Sports has absolutely no bearing on my well-being or day to day activities or livelihood. Sports are for people who have no life.
Jon

Shooting is a sport. :p

Make a 700 yard shot with a Garand (or drop a deer in its tracks) and tell me you don't feel like you just scored a touchdown. :)

Old Guard
12-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Shooting is a sport. :p

Make a 700 yard shot with a Garand (or drop a deer in its tracks) and tell me you don't feel like you just scored a touchdown. :)

..No to shooting ,IS like a great game of golf.. 'There is no great games of golf'..Now that is a "sport' for someone who has nothing ELSE to do? Hunting gives you time to sort things out, unless you are playing an electronic game... while on the 'stand', which to us is 'up in a tree', from 12 to 35 feet.

centurion20000
12-22-2014, 07:02 PM
..No to shooting ,IS like a great game of golf.. 'There is no great games of golf'..Now that is a "sport' for someone who has nothing ELSE to do?

Respectfully ... ever shot any of the following?

IDPA,
3 gun,
2 gun,
Bowling Pins,
Cowboy Action Shooting
Modern Pentathalon

If you're adrenaline is rushing and you're out of breath at the end of it .... it's a sport in my book. And yes Garands are showing up in competitions now. ;)

Of course sex might be considered a sport by my definition too. ;) [but who wants to compete and get scored by a panel of judges in real life??]

ou719
12-22-2014, 08:16 PM
I hunt, and golf and watch football and drink beer so whys your panties in a twist? Ha ha

Jimbo Slice
12-22-2014, 09:53 PM
My Brother in law and I came up with a game we call "bullet golf".

It's a game for any .22.

You lay a golf ball st 7 yards. Then you have 10 shots to see who can send it farthest.

musketjon
12-22-2014, 10:17 PM
I shoot competitively but don't hunt so I have no idea about the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat (chalk one up for the wild life). Tim, no one gave me a wedgie or locked me in a locker. Even in high school I was over 6 feet tall and wouldn't have fit any way. Sports players are waaaaay under-educated and waaaaaaaay over-paid. OG, what's a touch down (just kidding)??
Jon

timshufflin
12-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Musketman, no hunting? You are missing out my brother!

Old Guard
12-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Musketman, no hunting? You are missing out my brother!

Well, I guess i put it down wrong, definitely for shooting and hunting, fishing, good booze, but NO GOLF...Not ever tried but a couple beers, never took any golf lessons, but understand a lot of good deals are cut while buddying up on the course..My best golf shots were chasing balls like skeet, with my trusty 1100...they are still kinda tough after you cook them??I like the idea of shooting them with .22 rifle..