PDA

View Full Version : What Does "On Topic" Mean?

Punch The Clown
12-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Am I missing something? What is not "On Topic"?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=154942

cwcdl79
12-31-2014, 04:47 PM
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

ordmm
12-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Am I missing something? What is not "On Topic"?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=154942

Yeah, caught edit job about Shuff being the place to go.
Guess it's crunch time with the new BOSS....look for ways not to mention competition. That would not further the "CMP Mission" one bit.

Probably would be better to word it "The CMP custom shop has had my rifle for what seems like forever just to parkerize it so would I have been better off sending it to Shuff's which is a whole lot quicker and at least Shuff has good communications where as the CMP Custom shop is like getting an email to someone in North Korea. What do you guys think?" Just one long run on sentence should do the trick.

Guess under the NEW REGIME a person is going to have to be creative on the postings.

BTW....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

centurion20000
12-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Hah, just dropped my own friendly advice on that thread. Of course to the CMP leadership I just dropped a turd on their dinner table .... oh well :) ... I'd rather see Tim get some revenue.

musketjon
01-01-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm done buying from the cmp any way. They haven't done a damn thing to promote "the mission" here in the PRK and I'm sure as Hell not making a trip to Ohio or Alabama any time in the near future. They also sent me the ONLY rifle they will EVER send me dressed in that crappy pumpkin wood. Cost me an extra $300 for a proper wood set for it. So much for the "cheap" cmp rifles. The "cheap" one was from the DCM in '81 ($121.96 out-the-door price).
Jon

timshufflin
01-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Cronyism? Anyone out there still believe there's no cronyism involved in the CMP's mission? Garand Guy, DGR, and my sights links have all been deleted from the CMP site in the last two months. Guess who's site address is never deleted? Creedmore! The CMP is in bed with Creedmore who moved on down to Aniston to get cozy.

So we now have the "non profit" CMP using some of MY taxpayer money (monies used to house the items they sell and given to them at no cost) to directly compete with me, Garand Guy, DGR, Orion7, Standard Parts... Creedmore, however, is special. They are a for profit who gets a buy because they are in the sack with the CMP. Go ahead, check for yourself, you will find creedmores link on the CMP forum and it is not being deleted. You will not find mine, DGR, Garand Guy, or any others though. They have a forum paid for with free stuff from the taxpayer and they are using it to fulfill the "mission", enrich their officers, and pay the salaries of their employees. Only one of those items is more "noble" then simply making money.

centurion20000
01-02-2015, 07:52 AM
And they deleted my post. Pricks