PDA

View Full Version : Scope advice--garand side mount

Old Guard
01-15-2015, 10:44 AM
okay, i hate it when something is not close enough to use..I bought an Sk mount for my 3.6 rifle and put it on..it fastens thru the the rear ears of the Sight..tightens up and has a tiny peep sight in the center for non scope use...NOW I am A GENIUS, My Tasco scope 3-9 power is not going to work, Power selector knob, is catching on the rear of the steel mount, Plus the ears or turrents are going to be in the way of ejection of cases and e-clips...._rap....What scope to use that has the turrents off to the other side, or forward enough to work, Sorry I cannot post pictures of it...

Prince Humperdink
01-15-2015, 12:52 PM
It's a simple matter,just buy and M1C,and then get one of the new production Griffin & Howe bases with rings(they are 1" rings),and then you can use a commercial scope.I put on one of the new G&H mounts on my M1C and then added an old Weaver K2.5,and it looks satisfactorily close to an M81 for me.It shoots good too :)

Old Guard
01-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, I thought the M1c's , as presented now, were definitely over priced , for what they are NOW? But anyway, this rifle scope combination is For my Type 2 conversion, using PB and bmb parts..I thought i would improve my shooting with a scope? I see you used a Weaver K 2 scope, I think i still have an Weaver K3 somewhere, it might serve the purpose for now..I did just look at 44 pages of Optics on Midway, and had a couple ideas?l

Punch The Clown
01-15-2015, 05:22 PM
Most scope use on the M1 or M14 you have to turn the scope 90* ccw.

Old Guard
01-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Most scope use on the M1 or M14 you have to turn the scope 90* ccw.

Okay, yes it is mounted that way now, gonna do some thinking about this soon..gonna be 58 deg tomorrow so will be looking to burn some powder, and wanted to shoot this rifle again for sure..I hope my neighbor leaves for the day, that way I can blast away...I know it is rough when gunfire is unexpected...now i wish i had bought the cheaper mount..Plus the weight has increased a good bit, since it is all steel.....