PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Nagants? M38-M44 rifles

Old Guard
01-16-2015, 10:33 AM
tell me about these,M44, russian, I see some now at $219- $229 each? how do you like yours? I hate it when i get these urges...;)

seaninmich
01-16-2015, 11:26 AM
I had several of each. still have 3 or 4. I bought them back when they were as low as $59 and ammo was under 10 cents a round delivered. Now things have changed. Still a cheap milsurp that is fun to shoot. worth having at least one. The M38s are hardest to find, especially with 38 wood. M44s are nice, but the bayo is a little stupid looking. The 91/30s are the least expensive, but they are about 9' long.

Generally, don't expect much. They were build by the millions and built fast and cheap. it's a solid bolt action rifle, that's about it. All the ammo is corrosive so don't be expecting to find any shiny bores. I have a few that I still want to sell if you are looking.

I have a M44 and a 91/30, both with rough bores (didn't get cleaned). I'd let the pair go cheap - $200 plus shipping

Old Guard
01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
I had several of each. still have 3 or 4. I bought them back when they were as low as $59 and ammo was under 10 cents a round delivered. Now things have changed. Still a cheap milsurp that is fun to shoot. worth having at least one. The M38s are hardest to find, especially with 38 wood. M44s are nice, but the bayo is a little stupid looking. The 91/30s are the least expensive, but they are about 9' long.

Generally, don't expect much. They were build by the millions and built fast and cheap. it's a solid bolt action rifle, that's about it. All the ammo is corrosive so don't be expecting to find any shiny bores. I have a few that I still want to sell if you are looking.

I have a M44 and a 91/30, both with rough bores (didn't get cleaned). I'd let the pair go cheap - $200 plus shipping

Ow Sean, now that hurts..I want em, but i did not follow thru with getting my c&r permit..I wonder if I'm too old to get it now? I do own a 91/30 but it is rough.....i only found one m44 to look at this weekend...Og.

LEAD POISON
01-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Ow Sean, now that hurts..I want em, but i did not follow thru with getting my c&r permit..I wonder if I'm too old to get it now? I do own a 91/30 but it is rough.....i only found one m44 to look at this weekend...Og.
I have a C&R can't live without it.I Let it laps awhile ago,I had to reapply, and I'm 73. It's great to have in these instances.Go for it.
Sean's deal is great.

Old Guard
01-19-2015, 04:16 PM
I have a C&R can't live without it.I Let it laps awhile ago,I had to reapply, and I'm 73. It's great to have in these instances.Go for it.
Sean's deal is great.

Thanks LP, i was not aware that you were older than I am..Yes, Sean's deal sounded good to me...Too bad I cannot FTF with him to buy em?? Or do they require license up there for personal FTF purchases??

LEAD POISON
01-20-2015, 09:59 PM
In Wisconsin face to face is okay. Must be. Over 21.state resident, Not a felon.

centurion20000
01-21-2015, 12:45 AM
As the new owner of Sean's M44's I can say this .... they're really good rifles and will be passed along to my son. He loves the fact that they are so light. (He hasn't shot them yet so he is not quite familiar with Mr Recoil)

If Sean's selling, BUY THEM. Top notch to deal with.

Old Guard
02-02-2015, 05:43 PM
As the new owner of Sean's M44's I can say this .... they're really good rifles and will be passed along to my son. He loves the fact that they are so light. (He hasn't shot them yet so he is not quite familiar with Mr Recoil)

If Sean's selling, BUY THEM. Top notch to deal with.

Well, just found out today, I cannot by Seans rifles as they sold right after his ad, but now I have somethimng else to watch for....When strolling around the run tables? I favor m38 or m44 style..Recoil?? Better get thwe young man a rubber buttplate, They do pop pretty hard and if it hurts him much he will not like it, or might even quit trying to shoot them..I kow i hated the model 12 shotgun for it shaking my whole body when fired..OG.

Old Guard
02-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Picked up my M-44 rifle..1945R russian in good condition, except the entire rifle has been buffed of the bluing..Strange, look with out bluing, the barrel looks to be in good shape, no backbore was requested...It was purchased with a small crack down the center of the upper handguard..Getting ready to steam the stock , I see a ton of grease hiding some pretty wood....some small pitts on the triggerguard..bayonnet looks like some wear..just think, this rifle might have made it to Berlin..?soon as i finish the stock, gonna crack that Romanian 149 fmj ammo thru it..

Old Guard
02-26-2015, 10:01 AM
Still rubbing the stock at night while watching the swampboys, Last night started to cover the BLO , with some Hope's oil, the color is looking good..

mxlmax
03-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Yep, a M44 kicks like a mule and launches one he!! of a fireball, (kinda like an Number 5 Enfield ;-). If you have never seen one....probably the best made M44 came from Poland, the Factory 11 M44 is a beauty (as far as Mosins go). Factoery 11 also made the WZ 48 .22 trainer that closley resembles the M44 in weight and looks....VERY simple design.

Old Guard
03-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Yep, a M44 kicks like a mule and launches one he!! of a fireball, (kinda like an Number 5 Enfield ;-). If you have never seen one....probably the best made M44 came from Poland, the Factory 11 M44 is a beauty (as far as Mosins go). Factoery 11 also made the WZ 48 .22 trainer that closley resembles the M44 in weight and looks....VERY simple design.

yes, I finally got to take it out back and shoot..I had romaine Silver tip and cut loose with five and my face shield on..The stock is very hard to use with any headgear on it..I laid my cheek down to get a good sighting..then I fired off 5 in rapid sucession at a target in the distance..After 10 shots, i figured i had rattled enough nerves around the woods and went in to flush the barrel and oil it..it was barely warm, but that Russian report is pretty stout..i was not able to see the flame..The action is pretty smooth, Soon I'll get some clips and see if it is easier to feed?? I would like to buy a Polish, but I am not going to spend a whole lot for another M44...

LEAD POISON
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM
yes, I finally got to take it out back and shoot..I had romaine Silver tip and cut loose with five and my face shield on..The stock is very hard to use with any headgear on it..I laid my cheek down to get a good sighting..then I fired off 5 in rapid sucession at a target in the distance..After 10 shots, i figured i had rattled enough nerves around the woods and went in to flush the barrel and oil it..it was barely warm, but that Russian report is pretty stout..i was not able to see the flame..The action is pretty smooth, Soon I'll get some clips and see if it is easier to feed?? I would like to buy a Polish, but I am not going to spend a whole lot for another M44...

I would offer you a nice Polish I have, but as you indicated it's not cheap. But they only made them for 5 years . It is a factor.

Old Guard
03-10-2015, 02:39 PM
LP. check your email, PLZ. OG...

Old Guard
03-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Okay, Now looking for an Deactivated sniper version, would prefer it still has the scope holes in it? I know i cannot afford the fully decked out one with the recent surge in demand for these old fencepost rifles...?

Old Guard
06-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Okay, I bought the Samco sniper with out the scope and mount..it is 1944 metal and a later stock. The old rifle shoots out real nice..Burned a few rounds thru the M44 too, my son is still a better shot, i was having trouble with the iron sight picture..But it was a bunch of fun..I found out that ammo does not put out the bright fireball..Less than a foot long and 8 inches around..