PDA

View Full Version : Musketjon Banned From CMP Forum

musketjon
02-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Well, I managed to get mine self banned for life from the CMP forums today. Apparently there is a serious lack of a sense of humor over there. Seems someone can insult you but you're not allowed to defend yourself. Guess I'll have to hang out here now. I was thinking of leaving there anyway. Seems of late it's either the newbies looking for a free ride or someone trying to start an argument.
Jon

Prince Humperdink
02-10-2015, 05:44 PM
For life?It must have been good :)

timshufflin
02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
That's it? No details? No humor? I'm sad.

melloman
02-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned for life? Really? Is that like double secret probation?

seaninmich
02-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Well, I managed to get mine self banned for life from the CMP forums today. Apparently there is a serious lack of a sense of humor over there. Seems someone can insult you but you're not allowed to defend yourself. Guess I'll have to hang out here now. I was thinking of leaving there anyway. Seems of late it's either the newbies looking for a free ride or someone trying to start an argument.
Jon

I'm telling you, come over to the dark side. join facebook. there are more idiots than you could ever imagine and you get to throw rocks at them all day long. I had a guy on there today telling people that the tack weld on ceremonial rifles was done to "lock in headspace". LOL. It was very entertaining

musketjon
02-10-2015, 11:04 PM
That's it? No details? No humor? I'm sad.
Some dude who's screen name is Herrmann (this is important to the tag line) freely admitted to buying rifles from the cmp to resell. I told him in so many words that he was doing an illegal act and that maybe the cmp should bar him from future buying. Long story short, he insulted my screen name so I said maybe he should change his to Himmwomann.
Within 20 minutes I was banned for good. What ever happened to a time-out and a warning?
I've been thinking about leaving there for a while any way. Seems of late the posters are just newbies (or total ignorant jerks) or someone looking to start an argument. Hey, it's their loss. The only thing I'm gonna' miss is some info I had stored in my pm's. I'll find it again elsewhere.
There Tim, you have the whole story.
Jon

melloman
02-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Even Brian Williams can tell a better story than that.

musketjon
02-10-2015, 11:45 PM
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. At least my story is true.
Jon

seaninmich
02-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Some dude who's screen name is Herrmann (this is important to the tag line) freely admitted to buying rifles from the cmp to resell. I told him in so many words that he was doing an illegal act and that maybe the cmp should bar him from future buying. Long story short, he insulted my screen name so I said maybe he should change his to Himmwomann.
Within 20 minutes I was banned for good. What ever happened to a time-out and a warning?
I've been thinking about leaving there for a while any way. Seems of late the posters are just newbies (or total ignorant jerks) or someone looking to start an argument. Hey, it's their loss. The only thing I'm gonna' miss is some info I had stored in my pm's. I'll find it again elsewhere.
There Tim, you have the whole story.
Jon

Hate to tell you, but buying from cmp for resale is not illegal at all

musketjon
02-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Hate to tell you, but buying from cmp for resale is not illegal at all

Would BATFE agree with you? Isn't that akin to a straw purchase?
Jon

Punch The Clown
02-11-2015, 05:36 AM
Jon

Not if he transfers the rifles to the new buyers through an FFL.

timshufflin
02-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Not if he transfers the rifles to the new buyers through an FFL.

Not correct, you can do a face to face transfer and that's fine too. I have a written statement from the ATF saying that when you are not required to fill out the ATF form 4473, then you are not replying to question 11a. 11a is the question asking if the firearm is for YOU. When you buy from the CMP, not an ffl, you do not fill out form 4473 so you are not making claim in any way to question 11a.

Question I sent;

<tbody>

<tbody>
Tim Shufflin <[email protected]>

</tbody>

7/27/14
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

<tbody>
to amara.kyes

</tbody>

</tbody>

Mrs. Kyes, I'm just emailing you to get the email contact for the branch that can give written approval for the following scenario;

If a person, who under the law can legally buy firearms, purchases a firearm in a private sale, where no ATF form 4473 is required to be filled out, can they make this purchase knowing they are wanting to sell that firearm to a licensed FFL?

Does it matter if the licensed FFL pays the person making the purchase before or after they purchase the firearm in the above example?

An example of this scenario would be;

Person "X" goes to a gun show and finds a person walking around with a firearm that they know FFL "XYZ" wants. Person "X" calls FFL "XYZ" and agrees on a price to sell the firearm to FFL "XYZ". Person "X" then purchases the firearm, no form 4473 is required, and delivers it to FFL "XYZ" and FFL "XYZ" pays Person "X" for the firearm.

Would it have mattered if FFL "XYZ" gave Person "X" monies to pay for the firearm before or after Person "X" made the purchase of the firearm?

I am looking everywhere for the rules response, I know I sent Sean one, am not finding it. I'm goona be seriously PO'd if I can't find this.

seaninmich
02-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Jon

NOPE. not at all

Shug
02-11-2015, 01:36 PM
If you're buying from CMP for the purpose of reselling, doesn't that put you into the "business" of being a firearm dealer. It's not really a straw purchase problem because you're buying it for your inventory, not acting as an agent of another specific person. But you be doing something that ATF would view as the purview of a Type 1 FFL? And I doubt many of these resellers are obtaining state or local licenses necessary to be firearms dealers.

timshufflin
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
If you're buying from CMP for the purpose of reselling, doesn't that put you into the "business" of being a firearm dealer. It's not really a straw purchase problem because you're buying it for your inventory, not acting as an agent of another specific person. But you be doing something that ATF would view as the purview of a Type 1 FFL? And I doubt many of these resellers are obtaining state or local licenses necessary to be firearms dealers.

You could have the problem of the atf saying you are "in the business" but I don't see a straw purchase issue. Remember, when you buy from the CMP you never answered question 11a on form 4473. If you don't lie on 11a, you never created a straw purchase.

ordmm
02-11-2015, 03:38 PM

Does a "collector" become a "reseller" when selling a collection? Is a collector who decides to liquidate a collection become subject to zoning and licensing laws?

Punch The Clown
02-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Over here in new york you have to transfer all firearms through an ffl. No face to face, no shipping within the state. As far as purchasing a firearm, dick's sporting goods refused to sell a rifle to a friend of mine because I asked the sales person most of the questions. They said it constitutes a straw purchase. The store manager over-rode the sales person but that is it for me and dick's.

jbkf1003
02-11-2015, 07:42 PM
As I understand it under Orest the CMP was against the practice of buying to part out or resell, but I think it was overlooked in most cases, and like our Federal Government, selectively enforced.. Who knows now.

musketjon
02-11-2015, 08:30 PM
I logged on to the cmp forums today at work just for sh!ts and grins to see the latest. Apparently I'm not going to missed. That's ok 'cause I'm not gonna' miss them either. I guess they needed someone to be made an example of. Hey, at least I'm good for something. I guess I was getting a tad cynical in my replies but some of the questions.................??!!??!!??!?? Jeezus, some of the posters are really STUPID, and they reproduce. We're in serious trouble, my friends.
Jon

timshufflin
02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
I logged on to the cmp forums today at work just for sh!ts and grins to see the latest. Apparently I'm not going to missed. That's ok 'cause I'm not gonna' miss them either. I guess they needed someone to be made an example of. Hey, at least I'm good for something. I guess I was getting a tad cynical in my replies but some of the questions.................??!!??!!??!?? Jeezus, some of the posters are really STUPID, and they reproduce. We're in serious trouble, my friends.
Jon

Yes we are.

toolman
02-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Tim are you sure you can do a face to face when win selling out of the state you reside in??? Peace toolman

ordmm
02-12-2015, 12:05 PM
I guess I was getting a tad cynical in my replies but some of the questions.................??!!??!!??!?? Jeezus, some of the posters are really STUPID, and they reproduce. We're in serious trouble, my friends.
Jon

Have to agree...but don't get me started.....