PDA

View Full Version : Military OX stock oil ?

justa22
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
What happened to Frairtrimmers Military OX stock oil, says on their web site, they only sale through Brownells now. Called Brownells, they didn't know anything, not on the Brownells web site either?

LEAD POISON
02-25-2015, 04:09 PM
PETA found out they were killing Oxen for there oil,They had to stop milking dead oxen.:rolleyes:

justa22
02-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Not funny, need to know if this product is still around, want to use what Tim put on my Mini G to touch up. If it is not around anymore, I would appreciate it if someone would just say that. Thanks.

jak
02-25-2015, 07:14 PM
I just looked at Fairtrimmer's web site. I didn't see anything about them being only available at Brownell's anymore. Looks like you can order directly from Fairtrimmer's website. Send Fairtrimmer's an e-mail and ask him where you can buy his products

Orlando
02-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy Watco Danish Oil.Will get the same results as Fairtrimmers , probably cheaper and no Oxen were harmed

timshufflin
02-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Jak is dead on, fairtrimmer sells direct now, Brownell's deal over. Orlando, I don't think that Danish oil is going to look much like Fairtrimmers, that's just my opinion. BLO and Tung will play well with fairtrimmers through.

Orlando
02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
You could be right but Watco and Fairtrimmers looks the same to me. Both just a very thin oil/varnish type finish

timshufflin
02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
You could be right but Watco and Fairtrimmers looks the same to me. Both just a very thin oil/varnish type finish

I agree with your view of the watco, fairtrimmers does not have a "varnish" type finish to me at all. The fact that fairtrimmers will take BLO, also seems to exclude it from being a varnish type finish. Try putting BLO on a watco finish, it doesn't work out very well.

justa22
02-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your help, I looked at two sites on line, one must be an old site, I will call him, appreciate it.