PDA

View Full Version : Look What Followed Me Home From Kentucky

Punch The Clown
03-04-2015, 09:17 PM
The Battle Tested Kentucky trip was a great success even though dogboysdad was a no show. Anyway I picked up this Smith Corona rebuild. Most parts are SC. I have the parts to correct it but I promised to leave it alone. The flash washes out the color. The park is way darker and green tinted. Mirror bore.

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2317%20Copy_zpsckkaqmn2.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2317%20Copy_zpsckkaqmn2.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2318%20Copy_zpsxfwocbyn.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2318%20Copy_zpsxfwocbyn.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2319%20Copy_zpstqfljofm.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2319%20Copy_zpstqfljofm.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2320%20Copy_zpstabkr5ho.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2320%20Copy_zpstabkr5ho.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2321%20Copy_zpswugbxri2.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/Smith%20Corona/DSCF2321%20Copy_zpswugbxri2.jpg.html)

Prince Humperdink
03-04-2015, 09:33 PM
That looks great Stu,and thanks for wearing socks!

timshufflin
03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
That rifle is nothing like what will end up being his rifle, despite any words Stu may say to the contrary.

jak
03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
That is one fine looking rifle !!!!!!

Got the typical sock and foot in the picture too :)

Punch The Clown
03-04-2015, 09:43 PM
That looks great Stu,and thanks for wearing socks!

The foot in the photo is one of the requirements when posting on the FAL Files, along with a tobacco product and an alcoholic beverage. Since I don't drink or smoke anymore I had to settle for the foot only.

canes7
03-04-2015, 10:31 PM
I have a soft spot for SC's. That's a very nice rifle!

Old Guard
03-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I have a soft spot for SC's. That's a very nice rifle!

that is one mighty nice rifle...Like it a lot..OG.

toolman
03-05-2015, 07:06 PM
very nice looking SC.. Peace toolman

Eli
03-06-2015, 12:34 AM
The foot in the photo is one of the requirements when posting on the FAL Files, along with a tobacco product and an alcoholic beverage. Since I don't drink or smoke anymore I had to settle for the foot only.

I think it's Scotch, and a cigar - you post on the 'Files?

Eli

Punch The Clown
03-06-2015, 06:07 AM
I think it's Scotch, and a cigar - you post on the 'Files?

Eli

I used to. I sold my mint Argentine FAL and my gorgeous STG58 kit that I was about to build when the "safe act" made me a felon for owning them.

dogboysdad
03-06-2015, 09:32 AM
I like the stock. The stain they used on it when they refinished it matches the stain on your floor. Maybe the refinish was done by the same guy? Did James River refinish your floors?

How's the bore? I have an extra SC barrel that has a minty bore. You could have Tim park it in zinc to match.

Old Guard
03-06-2015, 10:36 AM
I used to. I sold my mint Argentine FAL and my gorgeous STG58 kit that I was about to build when the "safe act" made me a felon for owning them.

That would be a pain, I hope it does not spread...I bought 58 * kit too, the barrel was pristine, have contemplated installing it on my Imbel fal....

Eli
03-06-2015, 12:07 PM

Yeah, but don't you feel SAFEr?
I'm still active on the 'Files, despite my strong preference for the Italian FAL over the Belgian one. I had a DSA SA-58 I bought in September '08, sold it in November '08 for a lot more than I paid for it, and was glad to do so - it had the ergonomics of blocks of wood, and I'm not a fan of the design.

Eli

Old Guard
03-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but don't you feel SAFEr?
I'm still active on the 'Files, despite my strong preference for the Italian FAL over the Belgian one. I had a DSA SA-58 I bought in September '08, sold it in November '08 for a lot more than I paid for it, and was glad to do so - it had the ergonomics of blocks of wood, and I'm not a fan of the design.

Eli

I always thought they,{Fals} were a little awkward, But over 60 countrys used them..Mine currently still has the pidgeon holed stock, that made it legal...Fal design lasted a long time in the Congo under veryharsh conditions..It shoots very well, Eats all types of Ammo, but I still have a fetish for USA Steel weapons...Because Like you I do have several to pick-from, Ain't America great??? I have the belief that the New STG-58 barrel would make it shoot a lot tighter groups.. It already has a nice big scope....in fact it was my choice for one of my Ozark Hog hunts...along with a strong sidearm for back-up and close shots...

Punch The Clown
03-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I like the stock. The stain they used on it when they refinished it matches the stain on your floor. Maybe the refinish was done by the same guy? Did James River refinish your floors?

How's the bore? I have an extra SC barrel that has a minty bore. You could have Tim park it in zinc to match.

Eric, you are too kind.

mxlmax
03-07-2015, 10:04 AM
That typewriter is a keeper for sure. The sock always hides the toenail fungus, thanks for that ;-) !

axemurderer
03-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Stu

That is one fine looking SC you got there. But how come I never here about these trips Huh?????

Mike

Punch The Clown
03-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Stu

That is one fine looking SC you got there. But how come I never here about these trips Huh?????

Mike

My bad. Next year for sure!

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 08:26 PM

Axe man, you don't believe this statement do you?

dogboysdad
03-07-2015, 11:54 PM

I got the same BS Axe. First he invited me. Then he told me the trip was cancelled. Then he "re-invites" me only after he spends $750 on some luxury hotel rooms. At that point I could no longer swing it. Maybe it was for the best though. I heard he cancelled the luxury suites and some that made the trip had to sleep on the floor.

axemurderer
03-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Master Tim

I will give my friend Stu the benefit of the doubt. However I believe that is what he said last time, and the time he came to visit you, and the trip to the north store or......

Mike

Axe man, you don't believe this statement do you?

axemurderer
03-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I would sleep on the floor for Stu!!!!! But then again I work for the Grand City of New York, just like Stu. We can afford those luxury rooms!

Mike

I got the same BS Axe. First he invited me. Then he told me the trip was cancelled. Then he "re-invites" me only after he spends $750 on some luxury hotel rooms. At that point I could no longer swing it. Maybe it was for the best though. I heard he cancelled the luxury suites and some that made the trip had to sleep on the floor.

timshufflin
03-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Master Tim

I will give my friend Stu the benefit of the doubt. However I believe that is what he said last time, and the time he came to visit you, and the trip to the north store or......

Mike

No pattern here, nothing to see, move along.

Punch The Clown
03-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Mike, thank you for your support. Now let the truth be told. I had to scramble for rooms as this show is huge. One of the hotel chains had a Gun Show Special for only $59 a night per room plus taxes. That was not good enough for one member of the party. Another hotel had a Gun Show Special for $107 per room per night. That too was not good enough despite the fact that this hotel had a spa, swimming pool, night club, etc. Sooooooo, I had to book the rooms (2 rooms, 2 beds per room there dogboysdad)at the hotel that this un-named person insisted on for $150 per night per room plus taxes. One catch-the rooms were not cancelable. Then 2 members of our party cancel, including the fussy one that later changed his mind after I managed to make up some bullshit story and got a refund on the second room. Now the hotel advertises that they can provide a cot because "el fusspot" was not sleeping butt to nut with anyone. The hotel gives us some BS story that fire codes don't allow cots. Tim and I offered to share a bed and give the little flower his own but he played the martyr and slept on the floor. There you have it. I love the guy anyway though.

timshufflin
03-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Mike, thank you for your support. Now let the truth be told. I had to scramble for rooms as this show is huge. One of the hotel chains had a Gun Show Special for only $59 a night per room plus taxes. That was not good enough for one member of the party. Another hotel had a Gun Show Special for $107 per room per night. That too was not good enough despite the fact that this hotel had a spa, swimming pool, night club, etc. Sooooooo, I had to book the rooms (2 rooms, 2 beds per room there dogboysdad)at the hotel that this un-named person insisted on for $150 per night per room plus taxes. One catch-the rooms were not cancelable. Then 2 members of our party cancel, including the fussy one that later changed his mind after I managed to make up some bullshit story and got a refund on the second room. Now the hotel advertises that they can provide a cot because "el fusspot" was not sleeping butt to nut with anyone. The hotel gives us some BS story that fire codes don't allow cots. Tim and I offered to share a bed and give the little flower his own but he played the martyr and slept on the floor. There you have it. I love the guy anyway though.

I feel a little dirty defending Stu here but I have to. Everything Stu said here is 100% correct. Sean, you are a petite sophisticate. I have to go shower now.

Eli
03-09-2015, 11:12 AM
I feel a little dirty defending Stu here but I have to. Everything Stu said here is 100% correct. Sean, you are a petite sophisticate. I have to go shower now.

Wasn't Sean complaining about NY pizza a while back?

Eli

dogboysdad
03-12-2015, 08:02 AM

Actually, this is not 100% true. Two people didn't cancel. The trip was cancelled. Later, after much shenanigans and marriage counseling, it was somehow resurrected. At that point, only the wealthy, the unemployed, and the government worker with 12 weeks of vacation time could attend. I hope that sets the record straight.

timshufflin
03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Actually, this is not 100% true. Two people didn't cancel. The trip was cancelled. Later, after much shenanigans and marriage counseling, it was somehow resurrected. At that point, only the wealthy, the unemployed, and the government worker with 12 weeks of vacation time could attend. I hope that sets the record straight.

It does not. One person in particular committed again, then bailed. If the wealthy would have went, that would mean you were there.

seaninmich
03-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Shame on you, tim. That information is not even close to accurate. I have had to book the damn hotel every year. Asking someone else to take a turn is asking very little. Stu tried to book a room at a motel 6. I'm 44, not 19. This isn't spring break in Daytona beach. We have always stayed at the Hampton. Its no secret that Hampton has the most comfortable beds in the world of affordable hotels. Plus, the Hampton is right across the street from the convention center. I'd do not insist on the Hampton. I told him to get us rooms at a real hotel, like the Hampton or residence inn. That is a fact and I will find the email to prove it.

The only reason the rooms were not cancelable is the f-ed up way he booked them. Again, not my fault. I thought I asked him to book a hotel, not put a man on the moon.

I canceled long before the trip for completely valid reasons. I also said I would pay for my share of hotel and fuel even though I wasn't going

Despite knowing there were really
Issues with me going, I was guilted into it and agreed to attend. NO ONE mentioned at this time that Stu had already cancelled one room. Knowing that this trip was a financial hardship at the time, THIS was the opportunity to tell me there was no need to attend. But no. Instead you BOTH let me show up without saying a fucking word about canceling a room because you thought it would be funy to fuck with me. Ha ha.

Then, despite you telling him repeatedly to confirm the cot situation ahead of time, sru failed to do so and found out upon arrival that there was no cot available. Ha ha. Fucking funny again.

Then, when I ended up on the floor I had to ask Stu 4 times to ask the desk for some pillows and bedding for me. He failed to do that every time and only acted on it oncre I stripped the bedding from his bed. Yeah B E fucking D. BED

Of course, despite being forced to show when I couldn't afford to. And despite sleeping on a slab of cold concrete for two nights, I still paid the same 1/3 for the room that people with beds paid.

Now THOSE are the facts

timshufflin
03-13-2015, 04:55 AM
Shame on you, tim. That information is not even close to accurate. I have had to book the damn hotel every year. Asking someone else to take a turn is asking very little. Stu tried to book a room at a motel 6. I'm 44, not 19. This isn't spring break in Daytona beach. We have always stayed at the Hampton. Its no secret that Hampton has the most comfortable beds in the world of affordable hotels. Plus, the Hampton is right across the street from the convention center. I'd do not insist on the Hampton. I told him to get us rooms at a real hotel, like the Hampton or residence inn. That is a fact and I will find the email to prove it.

The only reason the rooms were not cancelable is the f-ed up way he booked them. Again, not my fault. I thought I asked him to book a hotel, not put a man on the moon.

I canceled long before the trip for completely valid reasons. I also said I would pay for my share of hotel and fuel even though I wasn't going

Despite knowing there were really
Issues with me going, I was guilted into it and agreed to attend. NO ONE mentioned at this time that Stu had already cancelled one room. Knowing that this trip was a financial hardship at the time, THIS was the opportunity to tell me there was no need to attend. But no. Instead you BOTH let me show up without saying a fucking word about canceling a room because you thought it would be funy to fuck with me. Ha ha.

Then, despite you telling him repeatedly to confirm the cot situation ahead of time, sru failed to do so and found out upon arrival that there was no cot available. Ha ha. Fucking funny again.

Then, when I ended up on the floor I had to ask Stu 4 times to ask the desk for some pillows and bedding for me. He failed to do that every time and only acted on it oncre I stripped the bedding from his bed. Yeah B E fucking D. BED

Of course, despite being forced to show when I couldn't afford to. And despite sleeping on a slab of cold concrete for two nights, I still paid the same 1/3 for the room that people with beds paid.

Now THOSE are the facts

I think my wife wrote this. How is it that when you think you have your wife dead to rights on being wrong they can turn the whole thing around? Sean, well done!

seaninmich
03-13-2015, 07:01 AM
I think my wife wrote this. How is it that when you think you have your wife dead to rights on being wrong they can turn the whole thing around? Sean, well done!

Tell me where anything I said is incorrect.

seaninmich
03-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I thought I'd pull this thread to the top since you guys must have forgotten to give me a single instance where I was inaccurate in my post.

timshufflin
03-14-2015, 10:50 AM
I thought I'd pull this thread to the top since you guys must have forgotten to give me a single instance where I was inaccurate in my post.

I'll let Stu handle it, I can't defend him all the time :(

seaninmich
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM
I'll let Stu handle it, I can't defend him all the time :(

you cannot defend the indefensible.

I'm sure he'll log on and reply from his new smart phone

Punch The Clown
03-15-2015, 03:40 PM
you cannot defend the indefensible.

I'm sure he'll log on and reply from his new smart phone

Why would we nag you to go to the show? Why would we withhold the fact that the second room was cancelled? Because WE WANTED YOU TO GO! BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU! BECAUSE WE HAVE FUN! BECAUSE THE KENTUCKY TRIP IS BECOMING AN ANNUAL EVENT!

seaninmich
03-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Why would we nag you to go to the show? Why would we withhold the fact that the second room was cancelled? Because WE WANTED YOU TO GO! BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU! BECAUSE WE HAVE FUN! BECAUSE THE KENTUCKY TRIP IS BECOMING AN ANNUAL EVENT!

because it allowed you two to giggle back and forth during the entire 6 hour drive enjoying the big "surprise" you had for me. Don't think I didn't pick up on it

timshufflin
03-15-2015, 07:50 PM
because it allowed you two to giggle back and forth during the entire 6 hour drive enjoying the big "surprise" you had for me. Don't think I didn't pick up on it

This cannot be denied. One thing for the viewing audience. Stuart and myself did not assign Sean to the floor, Sean chose it. We begged to draw straws, Sean wouldn't have it. Sean mentioned, more than once, he knew this would bring him great martyrdom for the entire year.

toolman
03-20-2015, 10:06 PM
How come toolman wasn't invited jerk wads.

seaninmich
03-20-2015, 10:40 PM
How come toolman wasn't invited jerk wads.

Because he says stuff like "jerk wads"

toolman
03-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Because he says stuff like "jerk wads"

Go die somewhere!! Better???????

checkmate19
04-07-2015, 06:38 PM
My very first 03A3 was a cmp purchase in 2003. Smith Corona that loos like new and has been thru an OG rebuild. Being my first it is my favorite rifle

Punch The Clown
08-29-2016, 07:18 PM
When I bought this rifle Tim, Sean and Eric the Lawyer were with me. I stated emphatically that I will not attempt to correct it, but love it for what it is. Well, it is completely corrected at this point. Flesh is weak.

jak
08-29-2016, 08:29 PM
When I bought this rifle Tim, Sean and Eric the Lawyer were with me. I stated emphatically that I will not attempt to correct it, but love it for what it is. Well, it is completely corrected at this point. Flesh is weak.

1 year and 5 months before you corrected it. Not bad. I would have corrected it too...only sooner.