PDA

View Full Version : When a friend breaks a promise?

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 12:26 AM
I have a very good friend who just broke a promise to me and a few other friends. The promise was very important to us because this friend has a terrible habit of intruding upon others for their own selfish needs. How would you guys handle a dear friend who failed you like this?

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 09:11 AM
I've received numerous PM's regarding this post. I thank you for your advice and concern. I think it's time to shed more light on the "subject". Please see the video below, it is both telling and alarming. Punch the Clown, one of our own, has not fulfilled his commitment! If Punch never used technology, never needed or asked to use someone else's smart phone, there would be no problem, none at all. Spend some time with Punch though and you will have him asking you to "borrow" your phone again and again! Punch's thirst to "borrow" your phone has many reasons;
1. check his email
2. look up some factoid
3. check on an auction
4. cruise the internet
5. ...

The next issue is that Punch cannot hear! He says he can hear, the "doctor's" say he can hear but get on the phone with Punch and it is a painstaking ordeal. Punch uses a bluetooth earbud that is JUNK! He holds it on with an old coat hanger that only a third world savage would find friendly. Get on the phone with Punch, as I often do, and you'll hear;
1. What, what, what what what?
2. Bro, I can't hear you
3. Say that again
4. Bro, I can't hear, say that again
To put it mildly you will go nuts! You spend more time repeating yourself then any patient person should have to.

During our trip to Louisville, Punch's insatiable thirst to borrow Sean's or mine smart phone came to a head, we had had it! We told Punch he was cut off! Data costs money, Sean and I are not made of money. We told Punch that he could never borrow our phones again unless he PROMISED to get his own after our trip and by Friday 3-6-2015. Punch also promised to get a Jawbone earbud so we didn't have to repeat every single words we say to him. Shockingly, Punch made the promise on video... and then he broke that promise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRqRbB-mj0&feature=youtu.be

My BT brothers, what to do? Please help!

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 09:18 AM
To add insult to injury, Punch sent Dogboysdad, Sean, and I the following email on the evening of the 6th. Notice his total disregard for honor, commitment, promise keeping,
Re: Re: well? what did you get?

<tbody>
Trash

x

</tbody>

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/profile_mask2.png

<tbody>

<tbody>
[email protected]

</tbody>

9:08 PM (11 hours ago)https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

<tbody>
to me, s.angott, ejm, emoore

</tbody>

</tbody>

Well, you won't believe it. I left the Apple store, slipped on the ice, the phone flew out of my hand and went right down the storm drain. Lucky I still have my old phone as a backup.

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Just spoke to Stu, our last call till he meets his commitment, he told me that it is much less expensive to use my data plan, Sean's data plan and his work partners data plan then to pay for his own. Do we have a common democrat in our presence?

cuppednlocked
03-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Did Punch say, "mooch"? Or was is, "mooooch"?

Sadly, it sounds like he lusts after a political office. He has forsaken your friendship. There is nothing you need to do but hold firm.

dogboysdad
03-07-2015, 10:57 AM
I understand that Stu picked up an "Obama Phone" this morning while on break. Do you get true unlimited data on the Obama Phone? Sadly, I don't see this working out well for him until some of the more core issues are addressed.

I have done some research in an attempt to bring this situation to a conclusion. Stu, if you are reading this, check out this very informative article: http://ageinplace.com/technology/cell-phones/the-current-wave-cell-phones-for-seniors/

Old Guard
03-07-2015, 12:28 PM
I understand that Stu picked up an "Obama Phone" this morning while on break. Do you get true unlimited data on the Obama Phone? Sadly, I don't see this working out well for him until some of the more core issues are addressed.

I have done some research in an attempt to bring this situation to a conclusion. Stu, if you are reading this, check out this very informative article: http://ageinplace.com/technology/cell-phones/the-current-wave-cell-phones-for-seniors/

How do you 'get' a obama phone??Anxious, sorry to read about the I-phone going down a storm drain...

jbkf1003
03-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Here you go. Just good luck getting on the website, I hear the same people built it that built the Obamacare website..

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/NewPublic/index.html

I think you only get a flip phone, but I'm sure NYS has a supplemental plan that'll upgrade you to an Iphone 17 or whatever the latest $600 phone is for free.

As for punch, this is the first thing that came to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCNqKrX1sx8

Prince Humperdink
03-07-2015, 03:07 PM
I would have expected to see Stu in leather and bound while visiting the Michigan gang?What gives? I have an old blackberry but I don't use it for anything but old fashioned phone calls and a few texts.

mxlmax
03-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Inreresting that the guy that got the "Obama Phone" contract was a big donor to BHO and he gets a big cut on every phone, "donated".....really!

Punch The Clown
03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
My Brothers, you have cut me to the quick. Really, what's a little data amongst friends? Is a smart phone the measure of a man? I will get a smart phone because I love you guys.
The video has gone viral. It's very big in Japan I've been told.

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 06:31 PM
My Brothers, you have cut me to the quick. Really, what's a little data amongst friends? Is a smart phone the measure of a man? I will get a smart phone because I love you guys.
The video has gone viral. It's very big in Japan I've been told.

Your jokes and pithy replies mean nothing! Keep your promise savage$auto$

Punch The Clown
03-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I just ordered a Jawbone.

Orlando
03-07-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm with ya Stu
What the hecks a Smart Phone, nothing but old school cheap flip phone for me. I actually paid $10 for my last phone. I loose it no big deal just buy another.

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm with ya Stu
What the hecks a Smart Phone, nothing but old school cheap flip phone for me. I actually paid $10 for my last phone. I loose it no big deal just buy another.

See now, I'm with Stu also IF he actually had no use for a smart phone! Stu is constantly, and I mean constantly asking to "borrow" someone else's smart phone to look up something or check his email. My wife has no smart phone BUT she NEVER asks to use mine or anyone else's. Stu is like the Amish. The Amish don't own cars but the are constantly going to their neighbors to get a ride to town, the store, some auction. If Stu wasn't "borrowing" I'd be with Stu.

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 07:24 PM
I just ordered a Jawbone.

Step 1 may have just been completed. Pictures are worth a 1000 words :)

melloman
03-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Your jokes and pithy replies mean nothing! Keep your promise savage$auto$

Don't you see? He has been using you to get to the phone.

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Don't you see? He has been using you to get to the phone.

Oh I know! Once shame on you, twice shame on me.

Orlando
03-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Stu is like the Amish. The Amish don't own cars but the are constantly going to their neighbors to get a ride to town, the store, some auction. If Stu wasn't "borrowing" I'd be with Stu.

Ha, ought to see the Amish around here. Somone drives them to work, then they use electric power tools,drive BobCats and even have cell phones. Maybe Stu is Amish?? shame, shame ,shame

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Ha, ought to see the Amish around here. Somone drives them to work, then they use electric power tools,drive BobCats and even have cell phones. Maybe Stu is Amish?? shame, shame ,shame

See now, changes your perspective on Stu's action's doesn't it?

musketjon
03-07-2015, 08:56 PM
The Amish are allowed to USE someone else's power tools, and be driver hither and yon. They just can't OWN power tools or a motor vehicle.
Jon

jbkf1003
03-07-2015, 09:00 PM
The Amish are allowed to USE someone else's power tools, and be driver hither and yon. They just can't OWN power tools or a motor vehicle.
Jon

All the Amish I have seen around here have taken credit cards though.....

timshufflin
03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Jon

I know that, they can also dodge the draft, take some tax advantages. It's the ultimate free loading way of life. Nothing to aspire to.

Punch The Clown
03-07-2015, 10:15 PM
I know that, they can also dodge the draft, take some tax advantages. It's the ultimate free loading way of life. Nothing to aspire to.

Blasphemy!

melloman
03-07-2015, 11:10 PM
The Amish even have a Mafia. Does Stu have his own Mafia? If so, then you better let him keep using your phone. Just to be safe, maybe you should stop asking him and just upgrade your data plan.

musketjon
03-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Stu has his own Mafia?? Hey Stu, where can I sign up???? I'll even add you to my mobile plan. The only downside is that you'd have to move to Commiefornicatia.
Jon

Orlando
03-08-2015, 07:27 AM
A buddy of mine was selling a construction trailer , Amish came to look at it and said would it be OK if they took it first before paying to see if it would work for what they wanted. My buddy being to nice said sure, weeks went by and no Amish and no trailer. He went looking for it and found it at construction site full of debree /trash. He confronted them about it, couple days later they returned the trailer empty saying it wasnt what they were looking for!!!!
Sound familiar? Maybe instead of Punch the Clown should be Stu Stoltzfus ?

Punch The Clown
03-09-2015, 08:29 AM
The ease at which Shufflin can turn my Bros against me is amazing. I am so disappointed.

timshufflin
03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
The ease at which Shufflin can turn my Bros against me is amazing. I am so disappointed.

It wasn't easy, I had to video you with my Iphone. You'll be able to do that too once you keep your promise.

seaninmich
03-09-2015, 09:41 AM

well, I bet ON you. Look how that worked out....

Punch The Clown
03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
well, I bet ON you. Look how that worked out....

Don't send him a check just yet. I have an Iphone 5 and I ordered a Jawbone. I should have the phone turned on sometime tomorrow.

dogboysdad
03-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Hey Stu, let's Facetime.

timshufflin
03-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Hey Stu, let's Facetime.

Stu has phoned me three times this morning, I'm waiting for him to facetime me, I would take that call.

melloman
03-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Be careful, he might just Face moon you just to get back at you for breaking his balls.

Old Guard
03-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Be careful, he might just Face moon you just to get back at you for breaking his balls.

Now there is an Image that will stay with you?? I bet that is illegal, just like sexting, showing Normally hidden body parts? Facesexting??new term..

Punch The Clown
03-12-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't even know what facetime is.

seaninmich
03-12-2015, 11:22 PM
I don't even know what facetime is.

Google it....right after you google "how to book a hotel the right way"

timshufflin
03-13-2015, 06:58 AM
google it....right after you google "how to book a hotel the right way"

lmao!!!!!!!!

musketjon
03-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Actually, what DO you do when a friend breaks a promise?? I wouldn't know--I have no friends (except for my little buddy Liam) --I have no money.
Jon

Punch The Clown
03-17-2015, 07:40 PM
You call yours Liam. I don't have a name for mine.