PDA

View Full Version : IHC's at CMP

musketjon
03-09-2015, 05:31 PM
CMP is taking orders on tractors beginning on the 11th. This should prove to be an interesting show. I'll bring the pop corn. Let the whining and sniveling begin.
Jon

FluffyTheCat
03-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Why would anyone whine or snivel? This is a wonderful development! I only wish I could get one

jak
03-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Why would anyone whine or snivel? This is a wonderful development! I only wish I could get one

The whining and sniveling will begin when customer "A" gets an almost or all correct IHC and customer "B" get a mixmaster POS with the only IHC part being the receiver. The announcement also says that due to the limited number of IHC's available, there will be no exchanges. My take on that is that if you get a POS IHC you either keep it or return it and get your money back. No chance of exchanging your POS IHC and getting a better rifle.

With my luck on mail order from cmp, I know I would be sent a POS. I avoided the 1st sale of IHC's and I'm avoiding this one too.

LEAD POISON
03-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Sean sold all of his just right. Before CMP let loose the last wad.

Roadkingtrax
03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Darn, notary expired. Oh well, I'll take it as a sign I don't need another rifle. :(

Prince Humperdink
03-09-2015, 11:17 PM
$900 bucks might as well be $10 million to me anymore :(

cwcdl79
03-10-2015, 09:29 AM
i made the last release at the store, picked up the only gap letter. a 4 million. Only part on it that was IHC was the receiver. a few parts here and there, and she looks better. I'm tempted to head back up for another...but i'd rather have a post-war springfield or a winchester.

Old Guard
03-10-2015, 09:40 AM
The whining and sniveling will begin when customer "A" gets an almost or all correct IHC and customer "B" get a mixmaster POS with the only IHC part being the receiver. The announcement also says that due to the limited number of IHC's available, there will be no exchanges. My take on that is that if you get a POS IHC you either keep it or return it and get your money back. No chance of exchanging your POS IHC and getting a better rifle.

With my luck on mail order from cmp, I know I would be sent a POS. I avoided the 1st sale of IHC's and I'm avoiding this one too.

Do Not feel alone on getting less of a rifle, than the very nice original rifles that are posted... I fall into the same pot....If there is one hit and run over by a half-track, then it will be packed up and sent to me???I see so many Perfect rifles on Gunbroker and ebay as parts, that it is sickening....Everyone needs at least one nice safe queen, to pass on to the future gen...But I may be breaking free and not buying another....

seaninmich
03-10-2015, 09:43 AM
$900 bucks might as well be $10 million to me anymore :(

puhleeeze! you have more guns than any of us

cuppednlocked
03-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I put an order in for the gap letter. I don't anticipate getting one, but they are the only variety I was interested in getting.

FluffyTheCat
03-10-2015, 02:27 PM
If I could only get an IHC receiver. I guess some dreams are left unrealized. I wish I could get an HRA and an IHC

Old Guard
03-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I put an order in for the gap letter. I don't anticipate getting one, but they are the only variety I was interested in getting.

Good luck, hope you get a perfect one...too rich for my blood , esp since i moved over the Mosin territory..several for the price of one and not much of that waiting for months?

Old Guard
03-10-2015, 02:43 PM
If I could only get an IHC receiver. I guess some dreams are left unrealized. I wish I could get an HRA and an IHC

Ah, the desire for another rifle...you have shown us a beautiful Herd of them already...Some very nice wood....Garandatitus, is contagious, you get it from rifles and friends...OG.

canes7
03-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I was really hoping for the CMP to sell stripped IHC receivers. Oh well....

seaninmich
03-10-2015, 03:25 PM

They must be putting all the arrowheads on auction.

seaninmich
03-10-2015, 03:30 PM

Based on prices in Canada, I'll trade you an IHC receiver for 15 Beretta receivers. LOL

FluffyTheCat
03-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Based on prices in Canada, I'll trade you an IHC receiver for 15 Beretta receivers. LOL

I could not ever trade any of my receivers. They are almost like my children. I take them out of my toolbox every once in while so that they do not get lonely. I rub them gently with a patch and a little oil and I tell them that I love them. And I assure each one of them that in the fullness of time that they will be reborn as beautiful functioning Garands once again.

But I would love an IHC

melloman
03-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Don't worry. Someone's going to be reselling barreled receivers soon.

canes7
03-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Don't worry. Someone's going to be reselling barreled receivers soon.

Lets all guess at how much they'll start at. I say $775 for a POS racker non-LMR barrel.

cuppednlocked
03-11-2015, 10:17 AM
I will be more than ok when I get the message that they are all sold out. I still have one I need Canes to work some magic on!

Old Guard
03-13-2015, 09:35 AM
They must be putting all the arrowheads on auction.

Just saw an Arrow head on the auction block...Gonna be high...:}

tankerfrank
03-15-2015, 09:40 PM
just forget I said anything

musketjon
03-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Don't feel bad Frank,
After 6 years and 4700+ posts they banned me last month because as Jack Nicholson so aptly put it, '' You can't handle the truth, Son''. The cmp really doesn't want you to know what goes on behind closed doors. I'd been meaning to leave the cmp forums for quite a while but just couldn't pull myself away from it. It was akin to being addicted. Best thing that happened to me was being banned. I can access it, just can't post, which is okay. The demeanor has really gone downhill the last year or two. Hang here at Shuffs. All the knowledge is here as well but not the rudeness or condescension.
Jon

tankerfrank
03-16-2015, 08:55 PM
yes mark just posted the Gap are sold out.he said they sold out instantly. not sure why they didn't post sold out on Wednesday. Just think all the guys putting orders in on Thursday. also here it is already Monday of next weekandy they still have International Harvester listings as not being sold out.so either the price too high or nobody's has money or they are building a lot of these right now. that's how come he doesn't have a number for me

musketjon
03-17-2015, 10:03 AM
He doesn't have a number for you because he doesn't WANT you, or anyone else, to know. It's really that simple--honest injun'.
Remember this--what happens at the cmp, STAYS at the cmp--or so they hope.
Jon

cuppednlocked
03-17-2015, 10:29 AM
What difference does it make how many there are?

tankerfrank
03-17-2015, 11:27 AM
forget about it

musketjon
03-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Frank.
Sometimes we ALL have to go through life without having answers to our questions. Bottom line is this: stop getting stressed about how many there are, where'd they come from, etc., etc. because the cmp just ain't gonna tell ya', plain and simple. Like I've said before, what happens at the cmp stays at the cmp. Unfortunately, you're not a member of their good ol' boys club, or you might get some answers. Again, stop stressing. The answers you seek are not forthcoming. Trust me on this one.
Jon

tankerfrank
03-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Ok$toilet$

cuppednlocked
03-17-2015, 09:06 PM
It's a sales tactic. They all sit around a giggle like schoolgirls watching the frenzy with new product releases.

Doubt and uncertainty somewhat drives the sales program. When the first batch of Service Grade Specials came out they were supposed to be a very limited number. Amazingly they sold them for YEARS and even had a price increase. Obviously, "very imited" was relative.