PDA

View Full Version : NC Congressman sponsors bill to help recovered mental patients restore 2A rights

MrTwistedFock
03-19-2015, 11:10 PM
A NC state Senator (Republican) named Bill Cook from Beaufort, announced a bill he is sponsoring that would make it easier for recovered mental defectives to get their 2A rights back. If you are from NC, please contact your NC state Senator and tell them you support Cook's Senate bill 288, as crazy people are people too.

This was posted on a GunBlast! alert today from Grass Roots North Carolina.

I support this, because you never know when you might get kicked in the head by a mule, be in a coma for six months, become a mental defective for another six months. And after another six months of intensive rehab, you might recover good enough to not be a mental defective anymore.

http://www.news-record.com/news/north_carolina/n-c-bill-would-ease-gun-restrictions-for-recovered-mental/article_7164f221-7d6f-5ed5-b3f6-e543b9e8f099.html#.VQsR3znZVd0.facebook

thanks,

Dr. Ho Ho

Old Guard
03-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Good Idea, That way the taxpayers can get them out of constant care, and let nature do it's thing...Or let them vote...Seriously, as if it is not dangerous enough already..Here it is almost a hanging offense for Hurting or shooting a former mental patent..

seaninmich
03-20-2015, 09:06 AM
I don't like this at all. This would make RT40 eligible to own a firearm and that thing has no business being armed what so ever. It's truly unstable.

musketjon
03-20-2015, 12:19 PM
+1000% with Sean. I thought the exact same thing. He just beat me to the punch line.
Jon

canes7
03-20-2015, 01:38 PM
What's the matter.. the guys with the funny white jacket with straps on it take your guns or did you leave them in the creek?

In all seriousness though, who's to determine the definition of crazy or not?

Old Guard
03-20-2015, 02:05 PM
What's the matter.. the guys with the funny white jacket with straps on it take your guns or did you leave them in the creek?

In all seriousness though, who's to determine the definition of crazy or not?

Ha, IIRC, reading in school or college about human behavour...Being insane or sane is just a very fine little line...Sometimes is very dangerous to pull someone's chain or agrivate them, as They just Might Crack or Flip over that fine line to crazy, then you have real trouble?? Straight Jacket, with buckles in the back? Thankfully I have never tried one on.....Glad it is Friday again..

MrTwistedFock
03-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Thats a good point, there is just a fine line between fries and shakes.

Dr. Ho Ho

Ha, IIRC, reading in school or college about human behavour...Being insane or sane is just a very fine little line...Sometimes is very dangerous to pull someone's chain or agrivate them, as They just Might Crack or Flip over that fine line to crazy, then you have real trouble?? Straight Jacket, with buckles in the back? Thankfully I have never tried one on.....Glad it is Friday again..