PDA

View Full Version : Agent Sales Removed From Store...

Roadkingtrax
03-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Let the complaining begin. I've never used nor needed an agent service, and live in Arizona.

What say the rest?

jak
03-26-2015, 08:33 PM
I never had a problem with people buying through an agent. I could see the
advantage of buying through an agent vs the "roll-of-the-dice" by mail order.
CMP could do what they want, but I am curious as to their reason to stop agent purchases.

Roadkingtrax
03-26-2015, 08:45 PM
I've got a good hunch, it was other agents complaining about other agents.

I wonder if 100% of the store traffic were agents now?

Jimbo Slice
03-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Roadkingtrax, that picture in your signature line is most excellent. Where did that come from?

timshufflin
03-27-2015, 06:08 AM
I have no problem either way. Instead of stopping agents I would have rather had them stop parts from leaving out the back door, wholesale cherry picking by a club, competing with for profits as a gunsmithing company using tax dollars. You know, stop the small stuff like this. Instead, they are "reforming" by stopping agent sales? Wait!!! does that mean no more mass club cherry picking? Many people complained that agent sales were cherry picking and resented it, club visits with "clean your own" buying opportunities could be considered the same.

Old Guard
03-27-2015, 09:12 AM
I had one Field grade picked for me this year...I don't know that I would have bought it, but it is because it had hidden damage to the barrel and gas cylinder..NO one could have found the mess, and it was a lead rebuild like I had requested, just was in very bad shape...He picked it grattis and I sent in $10.00 for gas, as he goes a lot anyway....Rob seems to be a great guy and I would not be able to do it as he does..He is up on his tech and parts...Agents being banned?? Why?? I sure would like to know, the real reason...But I am not stupid enough to go to the dragon,s mouth and ask on CMP site .I'll just get a box of popcorn and read......? OG.

canes7
03-27-2015, 09:48 AM
One time at the NS me and my wife walked in and there was a guy in the corner with about 15 rifles. Some had be partially disassembled. After looking thru his pile, much to his displeasure, I determined that he had gone thru the FG rack and grabbed all the best rifles from the rack. The staff didnt seem to like it too much but did nothing. It was them that told me he was a buyers agent.

The only real problem I had is that he grabbed all the best and tried to keep them out of the hands of the other shoppers. I'm sure not all agents do this but who knows.

jak
03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
One time at the NS me and my wife walked in and there was a guy in the corner with about 15 rifles. Some had be partially disassembled. After looking thru his pile, much to his displeasure, I determined that he had gone thru the FG rack and grabbed all the best rifles from the rack. The staff didnt seem to like it too much but did nothing. It was them that told me he was a buyers agent.

The only real problem I had is that he grabbed all the best and tried to keep them out of the hands of the other shoppers. I'm sure not all agents do this but who knows.

I saw the same thing at the South store about seven years ago. A group of 4 or 5 guys had a big pile of rifles on some of the
tables and were swapping parts. The employees did nothing to stop it.
The last time I was at the North Store, which was over 2 years ago, I was told the only place I could disassemble the rifle was
on the sale counter. A store employee had to be present too.
I don't know what they do today.

Old Guard
03-27-2015, 11:21 AM
I saw the same thing at the South store about seven years ago. A group of 4 or 5 guys had a big pile of rifles on some of the
tables and were swapping parts. The employees did nothing to stop it.
The last time I was at the North Store, which was over 2 years ago, I was told the only place I could disassemble the rifle was
on the sale counter. A store employee had to be present too.
I don't know what they do today.

One rifle at a time to the counter, no parts swapping or correcting...Although two guys from deep south (believe louisiana} bought 12 in one trip , either late 14 or early 15..claimed they did not own a shop???

cuppednlocked
03-27-2015, 03:32 PM
The only time I used an agent was when a buddy picked out a receiver... :)

canes7
03-27-2015, 04:04 PM
The only time I used an agent was when a buddy picked out a receiver... :)

And how'd that work out for you? I would bet that buddy would be more than willing to take that receiver off your hands!

Roadkingtrax
03-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Roadkingtrax, that picture in your signature line is most excellent. Where did that come from?

Saw this guys art while spending a weekend in Northern Arizona. He's based out of San Diego, his art is a mix of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and military, western and his own mind.

His WW2 stuff is pretty unique. When I bought the print at an art show he stated it was a group of renactors that posed for him.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0100/1252/products/101st_noframe_large.jpg?v=1410381638

BIGGER VERSION: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0100/1252/products/101st_noframe.jpg?v=1410381638

http://www.davidlozeau.com/collections/military

cuppednlocked
03-27-2015, 06:20 PM
And how'd that work out for you? I would bet that buddy would be more than willing to take that receiver off your hands!

It sits barrel-less. Seems it keeps getting shuffled down the priority list!

musketjon
03-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Man, oh man, what a biotch fest the no agent thing has turned in to. I think they should go back to the old dcm way, that is, you get the next one in line, period. And you have to shoot in a couple of matches to qualify as I had to do. The program is supposed to support the shooting sports, not enable the hoarders.
Jon

cuppednlocked
03-28-2015, 12:54 AM
Hoarders... that's a funny label for people who have money to spend and decide to spend it with the CMP.

timshufflin
03-28-2015, 09:14 AM
I like hoarders, they're great for the economy.

MrTwistedFock
03-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Agent sales was done away with because the CMP is extremely job scared. By that, I mean, the CMP is constantly looking for stuff that could be used as "ammo" for the anti-gunners to crack down on the CMP. Agent sales is one of those things that could be mistaken by the uneducated anti-gunner as a form of "straw purchase," although agent sales is not at all a straw purchase. Still, anything that smacks at the actual buyer not showing up in the store themselves, or sending in the paperwork themselves directly, appears to the gun control crowd as not 100%.

If there is one thing I learned about the CMP it is this. The CMP wants to preserve itself. And one of the things they are instep with is gun control, the CMP caters to the gun culture on the one hand, yet at the same time the CMP is constantly leary about ticking off the anti-gunners. Or drawing undue attention to themselves from the anti-gunners.

In short, ANYTHING and I repeat ANYTHING the CMP can think of that further insulates them from being targeted by the anti-gunners, the CMP will do it. Agent sales is lock step in there with that. Notice how the CMP pulled the M2 ball AP/incendiary rounds off the military surplus menu on the estore at the turn of the year, I dont believe someone just up and bought all that ammo, it got pulled around the same time the CMP announced its 2000 a year round limit on all types of ammo, not just military surplus ammo. And not long after that, the ATF came up with that attempt to ban M855 ammo. Im telling you, the CMP is super duper sensitive to all that anti-gunner kind of stuff. The CMP is job scared as hell, they know one bad press report could get them deep sixed.

Getting rid of agent sales falls inline with one of those sorts of activities the anti-gunners would smile upon. "oh, the CMP got rid of those stupid agent sales, wonderful."

Dr. Ho Ho

musketjon
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
I like hoarders, they're great for the economy.

Maybe their own economies. Those of us who have a slim to none chance of ever getting to one of the stores are just SOL.
Jon

seaninmich
03-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Maybe their own economies. Those of us who have a slim to none chance of ever getting to one of the stores are just SOL.
Jon

and hoarders have no impact on your ability to get to the store.

Were you under the impression that you are somehow entitled to equal access??

Orlando
03-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Jon
You arent missing anything, atleast at the North Store as they just dont het the inventory consistantly anymore. I havent been up there for several years and I'm only a few hours away. Only time I go now is for the Natinals and I havent made that trip for two years

musketjon
04-27-2015, 01:31 AM
and hoarders have no impact on your ability to get to the store.

Were you under the impression that you are somehow entitled to equal access??

Correct, but monetary and family matters prevent going to either store, and NO, I don't have any feelings of entitlement.
Jon