PDA

View Full Version : Law suit thorwn out against vendors over Colorado theater shooting.

ordmm
03-30-2015, 12:17 PM
This post is up on the Subguns board. A number of vendors who sold the shooter in the Colorado theater incident were taken to court with the intent of stopping them from selling ammunition and accessories. Lawsuit it seems was supported by the Brady anti-gun group. The suit was thrown out by the courts--a victory for the firearm/accessory vendors. The PDF link (long version) is quite interesting but a long read.

http://www.subguns.com/boards/sword.cgi?read=2205437

timshufflin
03-30-2015, 03:45 PM
It would be nice to see the plaintiff have to pay the defense and court costs of the defendants. I know lawyers don't like to hear this, cuts down on their profits, but it would keep lawsuits to a minimum.

ordmm
03-30-2015, 03:50 PM
It appears, if I'm reading it right, two of the defendants were awarded lawyers fees.

"Pursuant to C.R.S. §13-21-504.5, defendants Lucky Gunner
and the Sportsman’s Guide are entitled to an award of reasonable attorney fees and
costs to be determined after filing motions pursuant to D.C.Colo.L.Civ.R.54.3 within 14"

timshufflin
03-30-2015, 03:53 PM
It appears, if I'm reading it right, two of the defendants were awarded lawyers fees.

"Pursuant to C.R.S. §13-21-504.5, defendants Lucky Gunner
and the Sportsman’s Guide are entitled to an award of reasonable attorney fees and
costs to be determined after filing motions pursuant to D.C.Colo.L.Civ.R.54.3 within 14"

That is AWESOME! Daddy like :)

Eli
03-30-2015, 06:47 PM
It would be nice to see the plaintiff have to pay the defense and court costs of the defendants. I know lawyers don't like to hear this, cuts down on their profits, but it would keep lawsuits to a minimum.

I recall reading that this is among the only countries in the world without 'loser pays' on civil suits. It needs to change!

Eli