PDA

View Full Version : How will we fund it?

toolman
04-15-2015, 06:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/02/seattle-minimum-wage-increase-takes-effect-for-tens-thousands-workers/

They are asking each other? How will we fund it? Tens of thousand of students will lose summer jobs,tourism will go down,small business leaving state,public employees don't have to abide by new ruling... WHO in the HECK passes these laws. They know going into this game it will kill everything. Are they that FING stupid???? Rolling of eyes Toolman!!! (age old thing they guess they will have to raise taxes!!)

Punch The Clown
04-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Well T-Man, there are 2 types of servers as I see it. The professional and the work in the fast food place to pay your bills while you attend college. Anyway, professional servers make some decent money, and are considered skilled. I'm acquainted with a gentleman named Ian Maksik who owns a company that trains servers. People pay big money to be trained to properly serve. To compare the server in McDonalds with one from the Four Seasons is talking apples and oranges. Explain all this to a libtard.

toolman
04-15-2015, 09:01 AM
I agree 1000 percent punch. The problem I have fast food and other related business when I was a kid was concerned a starting point. A place to get started. A place to work your butt off to make yourself a better person and a better worker. Not a place to make a career or support a family. I'm not talking management. that being said a owner hires a Manger according to your merit.

toolman
04-15-2015, 09:08 AM
The problem I have is when government starts dictating wages. Instead of one's self worth and job performance. Before I started my business. I averaged 2 raises a year for 10 years straight. My fellow employees always got mad at me. But I always started before everyone else. And worked threw breaks. When I decided to quit. The vice president of the company of 1500 employees offered me more money to stay and position In management. Wasn't interested. Wanted to fulfill dream of owning my business. .. ones merits should determine ones pay.. just my 2 cents

mxlmax
04-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Toolman, As much as I hate to write this.....I do believe this is all by design. Have you read Saul Alinsky? Both you know who and the one that just announced are disciples, she even wrote her PHD thesis on the guy. Its all in his, "how to" playbook.......chilling.

jbkf1003
04-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Didn't anyone notice that communism failed? $15 / hour is roughly $30K per year. That's a heck of a lot of burgers to make up one person's 'salary'.

Jimbo Slice
04-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Vote with your wallet, don't eat out... unless it's free, that is. :D

MrTwistedFock
04-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Im waiting for the government to get rid of the minimum wage entirely. That way I could hire high school dropouts for literally 25 cents an hour to work on my tobacco farm and not be accused of slavery. Im dead serious. Some people, all they are worth is 25 cents an hour.

Yeah, screw the government telling me I have to pay people a minimum amount to begin with. I want to make money by taking dumbasses and ex cons and puttin em to work for 25 cents an hour for work they should be getting at least $10 an hour for.

buckley94thmp
04-24-2015, 03:30 AM
this is dumb all the way around and i am fairly certain that this is a self correcting problem.

buckley94thmp
04-24-2015, 03:38 AM
when i was 10 years old i asked my dad what minimum wage was and i got a lesson in inflation.
dad said
" the govt wants to raise minimum wage so that people have more money to buy milk, so the dairy has to pay the employees more and subsequently has to charge more for his milk.... in a few years the govt will have to raise minimum wage

Rowen3
04-24-2015, 11:38 AM
One of the most infuriating things, as I see it, is that a hike of the minimum wage is a deduction for the rest of us. When the minimum wage goes up will the companies raise my wage comparatively so that my hard work that I put in to get my raises is still recognized? Nope. So now if you worked your but off to accumulate 3 dollars an hour worth of raises your hard work just got nullified by the government.

FTD1167
04-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Its not going to be the same people that are working now making $15. They will have serious competition for the jobs.

toolman
07-22-2015, 10:49 PM
Its not going to be the same people that are working now making $15. They will have serious competition for the jobs.

Looks like serious competition!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/22/seattle-sees-fallout-from-15-minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit/

musketjon
07-23-2015, 12:57 PM
A lot of people who are complaining that they're not being paid what they're worth should be happy about it.
Jon

Punch The Clown
07-23-2015, 02:33 PM
this is dumb all the way around and i am fairly certain that this is a self correcting problem.

Yeah, It's called inflation.