PDA

View Full Version : I Hate larry. What an A-Hole

Punch The Clown
04-15-2015, 04:21 PM
I was looking up Japan Dryer, and of course larry the jerkoff has a smug post in the thread. I can't Google anything without having this wad turn up. He's everywhere like dog excrement. God forgive me but I really hate him.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=550959&postcount=10

timshufflin
04-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Hate is not a family value.

Punch The Clown
04-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Hate is not a family value.
I dislike him a lot then.

toolman
04-15-2015, 06:01 PM
I dislike him a lot then.

Now that is MY LINE!!!! LOL

timshufflin
04-15-2015, 06:03 PM
I was looking up Japan Dryer, and of course larry the jerkoff has a smug post in the thread. I can't Google anything without having this wad turn up. He's everywhere like dog excrement. God forgive me but I really hate him.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=550959&postcount=10

Have you reached out to Larry? Perhaps a nice bouquet of flowers? An olive branch of sorts?

musketjon
04-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Some people just think their s#!t doesn't stink. Larry happens to be one of them.
Jon

Roadkingtrax
04-17-2015, 12:53 AM
Dont google his screen name, and just forum...hes active in many.

mac9990
04-19-2015, 01:20 AM
There are quite a few there that are full of themselves.

Orlando
04-19-2015, 08:02 AM
You may all crucify me for this but I think Larry is actually a knowledgable guy. He may come across wrong to some but I have always got along with him.

mxlmax
04-19-2015, 08:53 AM
No crucification from me Bill. Larry definately knows alot and doesn't mind sharing it ;-) I break out the salt shaker, read and learn. I don't have to love you to learn from you. Nobody like a smart mule anytime but I have no issues with the man.

Old Guard
04-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't always agree from his point of view, but he has helped me with some technical points...He does answer a lot..

Old Guard
04-19-2015, 10:05 AM
There are quite a few there that are full of themselves.

Amen, several are excessive or Bi-polar, but there is an "Ignore" spot for them....but still one of the best Sites for info. on many subjects...

buckley94thmp
04-24-2015, 03:42 AM
i thought this thread was about larry potterfield form midway usa, i thought WTF that nice old guy always talking about his Nitro express shipping system?

"thats the way it is"

Punch The Clown
04-24-2015, 07:26 AM
When you talk a-holes, forums and firearms together the only possible choice is larry priest aka lapriester. Pottersfield seems like a nice guy. He doesn't look so old?

Punch The Clown
04-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Listen, larry funnels stuff he read on the internet, brands it as his own, and distributes it. Everyone does that to some degree but not like him. In his fantasy world he talks like he is the one that did it. Orlando does it, Tim does it, Borecky does it, Ironworker does it, larry dreams that he did it. That's fine with me, however don't savage anyone that disagrees with you especially when your opinion is one you formulated by reading other posts on the web. larry's talking about how when he has to cut down a barrel shoulder he undercuts it so he still gets enough crush and an easier draw. He is dreaming. Do you really think he owns an engine lathe? Tim does, Ironworker does, Greg ORDMM does, half the people on this forum probably do but I guarantee you that larry doesn't.
Tim freely admits that he has used larry's regurgitated tips but a couple of months ago when larry took credit for teaching Tim everything he knows he crossed the line with me. I know what Tim went through fine tuning his techniques and believe me larry had NO contribution whatsoever.
Years ago Tony Giacobbe took an old Rigid pipe cutter, removed the cutter, turned down a spare roller and fit it to the frame. Tony admits he found out about this somewhere. Tim and myself made the same tools, although Tim's is beautifully parkerized and painted. Anyway they can correct the draw in any barrel. Tony posted it as a solution on the forum one time and larry immediately took credit for it.
larry won't leave Ericc alone. Eric actually mane something himself, gas plugs. larry can't take that and bashes him every chance he gets. Haulie makes beautiful gas plug wrenches. Larry bashes them and calls them unnecessary. Greg and Fulton make trigger guard tools. Again a bashing from larry. Everytime someone says they're sending a trigger job out to Shuff larry jums in and tells them not to waste their money. Larry originally endorsed the Mini-G as being a cool gun. When the purists balked larry recanted and then started bashing Tim and the Mini-G. This can go on all day. He just rubs me, and not in a good way.

jbkf1003
04-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Listen, larry funnels stuff he read on the internet, brands it as his own, and distributes it. Everyone does that to some degree but not like him. In his fantasy world he talks like he is the one that did it. Orlando does it, Tim does it, Borecky does it, Ironworker does it, larry dreams that he did it. That's fine with me, however don't savage anyone that disagrees with you especially when your opinion is one you formulated by reading other posts on the web. larry's talking about how when he has to cut down a barrel shoulder he undercuts it so he still gets enough crush and an easier draw. He is dreaming. Do you really think he owns an engine lathe? Tim does, Ironworker does, Greg ORDMM does, half the people on this forum probably do but I guarantee you that larry doesn't.
Tim freely admits that he has used larry's regurgitated tips but a couple of months ago when larry took credit for teaching Tim everything he knows he crossed the line with me. I know what Tim went through fine tuning his techniques and believe me larry had NO contribution whatsoever.
Years ago Tony Giacobbe took an old Rigid pipe cutter, removed the cutter, turned down a spare roller and fit it to the frame. Tony admits he found out about this somewhere. Tim and myself made the same tools, although Tim's is beautifully parkerized and painted. Anyway they can correct the draw in any barrel. Tony posted it as a solution on the forum one time and larry immediately took credit for it.
larry won't leave Ericc alone. Eric actually mane something himself, gas plugs. larry can't take that and bashes him every chance he gets. Haulie makes beautiful gas plug wrenches. Larry bashes them and calls them unnecessary. Greg and Fulton make trigger guard tools. Again a bashing from larry. Everytime someone says they're sending a trigger job out to Shuff larry jums in and tells them not to waste their money. Larry originally endorsed the Mini-G as being a cool gun. When the purists balked larry recanted and then started bashing Tim and the Mini-G. This can go on all day. He just rubs me, and not in a good way.

That's why I only goto the classifieds on the CMP forum anymore... It seems like a bunch of pre-menstrual teenage girls on there sometimes... If I have a question I'll post it on here or m14forum.com.

timshufflin
04-26-2015, 01:52 PM
When it comes to tools, it's an odd thing. You don't "need" many tools. I DO have quite a few tools that I don't "need". I bust balls all the time for tools that a few of you may find cool. Garand bolt assembly tools, gas lock tools, trigger guard tools, blah blah. Well I have a barrel wrench and a receiver vise, do I "need" them? Tools are about compensating for an area that you may have a weakness in or you just might find a tool nice to have, it's your choice. There are people who find they only need a common vise and a giant adjustable wrench to do anything with a Garand, that's cool too.

There will come a time when I probably get more tools to compensate for my age and that may include a bolt disassembly tool or who knows what else. The important thing to do is to have the tools you want, that make your life easier, that make your enjoyment heightened. These tools are not the same for all of us because we each have our own strengths and weaknesses of dexterity, physical power and coolness ideals :)

melloman
04-26-2015, 04:10 PM
And some folks just like to collect tools. I had a guy who worked for me that had lots of great carpentry tools - but, getting him to actually do any work with them - well, that was quite another matter.

mxlmax
04-26-2015, 07:14 PM
And some folks just like to collect tools. I had a guy who worked for me that had lots of great carpentry tools - but, getting him to actually do any work with them - well, that was quite another matter.
Well said.....one is no good without the other.....IF you don't use them or know how......