PDA

View Full Version : Good 10 Round M1 Carbine Mags?

jbkf1003
04-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Anyone know of any Good, Reliable, 10 Round m1 carbine mags for those of us stuck behind the lines. I hear most of the commercial mags are junk. I would love it if someone sold USGI 10/15 limited mags! Magazineblocks.com has the blocks, but in NY you can't get rebuild kits to use the blocks! Arg!

I just picked up an IBM M1 carbine and need to feed it!

Justin

jak
04-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Don't know if you tried this place
I got some 10 round mags from them. I only shot 20 rounds with my IBM carbine and didn't have any problems.

http://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carbine-10-round-magazine.html

jbkf1003
04-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks Jak,

My brother had an alpine carbine once and It wouldn't feed right with even USGI mags, so I so I've been nervous about mags for this one.

I saw these and they had great reviews. I planned to order 2 of these and 2 promags from Midway (but promags seem to either work fine, or people want to destroy them). And see how it goes, I was wondering if there was a source I was missing.

Justin

jak
04-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Justin,
These guys have 5 round mags if ever NY forces you to use them.
I bought mags for my Mossberg US44 from Triple K and they worked great for
all the rounds I put through them

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/553/

jbkf1003
06-09-2015, 01:31 PM
FWIW: I bought 2 from Keepshooting.com and 2 Promags. The keepshooting.com mags worked flawlessly through 40-50 rounds. The first promag I tried, jammed twice in the first 10. I stopped using them and just went with the keepshooting.com mags. They seem to be GTG after one range trip..

Old Guard
06-09-2015, 04:46 PM
FWIW: I bought 2 from Keepshooting.com and 2 Promags. The keepshooting.com mags worked flawlessly through 40-50 rounds. The first promag I tried, jammed twice in the first 10. I stopped using them and just went with the keepshooting.com mags. They seem to be GTG after one range trip..

Ha, I'm using a keepshooting mag adapter to fit my keltec, makes it 15 shots, works great..The old promag mags [30rd] I bought for my Mini-14 had to all have the holes redone to fit and shoot right..I used the famous demil tool to cut the hole slots...The 10 shot mags I had for that rifle were bushmaster, and cut and pinned to meet the 10 shot reg..They were crap....one never worked???Most of the time if jamming a little shot of silicone lube will help them slide and load....