PDA

View Full Version : Mag Fed Garnd Questions

marks
04-28-2015, 07:41 AM
Has anybody out there purchased Shuff's Mag Fed Garand conversion? I have a CMP .308 that I'm thinking of converting but that means I've got pretty big money into that gun. Is the enjoyment worth the cost of admission? Also, I was looking for M14 mags on gunbroker the other day, USGI and Springfield mags are going for a big premium over what I assume are offshore replicas. Are there any inexpensive mags out there that are worth anything?

Thanks,
MarkS

jak
04-28-2015, 07:58 AM
I never had a problem with CMI mags in my M14.

jbkf1003
04-28-2015, 08:23 AM
CMI mags are the current Government contract mags. They are GTG.

I have a mag fed mini-g. I makes it a lot easier to use a center mount scope. It's like having a M14 or M1A but I have less money in it than I would with a higher end M14 clone, Fulton, LRB, ect. But my rifle is all USGI parts, with a forged USGI receiver.

It's also a NY legal gun with a standard gas lock.

Justin

Old Guard
04-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Cmi mags are nice, come new in a lt blue bag, My rifle works well with Korean contract mags too..For a lot less money than springfield..

seaninmich
04-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Mag fed - totally worth it!

I had trouble with what I think were Korean mags. I think they are marked HNR or something like that.

cwcdl79
04-29-2015, 09:56 AM
I had no issue with korean mags, but the taiwan ones were better (blued). I did not run any USGI or checkmate through it while i had it. Rifle worked flawlessly. I put a vortex muzzle break on it (replace the gas lock screw), it was nice unless you weren't the person firing...lots of backblast directed to the sides.

WSAR15
06-13-2015, 01:41 PM
This may sound silly, but why have a Garand converted to take M14 mags when you can buy a M1A?