PDA

View Full Version : All the executive actions regarding federal firearms law being proposed by obama soon

MrTwistedFock
06-13-2015, 01:28 AM
I figure most of you have been reading or hearing about coming federal changes to federal firearms laws. The "executive actions" that obama has sworn he would follow thru on after he failed to get sweeping gun control passed thru congress in April 2013. Recently, the "Unified Agenda" got published in the federal registry and it includes joint DOJ/ATF federal administrative law changes. Some are "proposed" and others are listed as "final rule stage."

If you click on this federal link, scroll down to the DOJ/ATF stuff towards the bottom. Thats the proposed obama "executive actions."

My own thoughts on one of these proposed NICS changes is it will end up snagging a bunch of people who have been convicted of DUI. And subsequently ordered by a Judge to substance abuse assessment and treatment...as is pretty much standard in DUI convictions. Such a large percentage of Americans have a DUI in their history now, even if it was twenty years ago.

I dont have a DUI btw. But I dont think having a DUI should preclude you from being able to buy/possess firearms.

Anyway, here is the obama administration unified agenda list, to be pushed onto you by early November.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaMain?operation=OPERATION_GET_AGENCY_RULE_LI ST&currentPub=true&agencyCode=&showStage=active&agencyCd=1100&Image58.x=36&Image58.y=4&Image58=Submit

Jimbo Slice
06-13-2015, 01:53 AM
They track IP addy's.

I ain't clicking on any of that as it's safe to assume that anything the community organizer and his handlers have dreamed up is bad for me (ACA, I'm looking at you).

It's going to be like a fire sale at the White House in the coming months... we all know it.

MrTwistedFock
06-13-2015, 11:59 PM
Yeah, if they track IPs I frankly dont care. I dont have health insurance thru the ACA for one, second...I just dont care if they track my IP or not. Im not afraid of those people, I cant stand them, but Im not afraid of them.

To clarify why Im a bit concerned about those with a DUI conviction in their history, its this:

When you read the proposed federal administrative rule change to the NICS definition of "committed to a mental institution," the following is being added:

1) the DOJ/ATF want to make it apply to involuntary OUTPATIENT commitment to a facility (Judge orders you to attend Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment as part of your sentence/probation). And that normally is done outpatient.

2) the DOJ/ATF want to make the definition of "commitment to a mental institution" apply to involuntary outpatient commitment for "other reasons," such as drug use. Alcohol is a drug, a controlled substance.

So, Im wondering if they are thinking along the lines they can snag a whole bunch of otherwise law abiding folks from legally buying and possessing firearms if they have a DUI. And the Judge ordered outpatient substance abuse assessment and treatment as part of the sentence. Even if the end result was the substance abuse counselor diagnosed you as not being alcohol dependent and you dont have to go to detox inpatient. Say, you just had a few beers at a bar on a weekend and got snagged in a DUI checkpoint driving home, failed the blood alcohol blow test by a small amount and you smelled like booze. But otherwise you caused no harm to anyone. So you get charged with DUI, convicted, follow the Judge's orders, are not determined to be alcohol dependent and never get another one.

I think that should not apply to NICS at all. But if obama's DOJ/ATF get their way, it wont matter if you are not alcohol dependent. Just the fact you got ordered by a Judge to outpatient substance abuse assessment and treatment will screw you, because of their proposed amended definition of "commitment to a mental institution."

They track IP addy's.

I ain't clicking on any of that as it's safe to assume that anything the community organizer and his handlers have dreamed up is bad for me (ACA, I'm looking at you).

It's going to be like a fire sale at the White House in the coming months... we all know it.