PDA

View Full Version : Go back and forth on selling my M1 Garand

MrTwistedFock
08-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Part of me wants to keep it, part of me wants to sell it. I dont particularly care for the CMP and the M1 reminds me of the CMP. On the other hand, the M1 makes a great SHTF rifle, its a great "zombie" rifle. It does pack authority.

On the other hand, I never shoot mine. It just sits there in my closet, maybe once a year I work on the stock. I enjoy taking it apart and working on it some, learning how the thing works mechanically. I might take it apart, reassemble it and shoot one clip, clean it and then store it.

Seems like a waste to me. I admit I was real excited when I originally got it, but the fun wore off after I decided the CMP sucks as an organization. I dont want to "support the CMP cause."

Eli
08-05-2015, 11:22 PM
People actually shoot their guns? Are you wealthy? Ammo is expensive!

Eli

marks
08-06-2015, 07:49 PM
I'll take mine to the range maybe once a month, shoot a clip or two then put it away again. I have no hard feelings toward the CMP because they sold me a couple of fine rifles, one in 30-06 and one in .308. The way I see it, you can hate the butcher but love the meat. Good luck with your decision.

jbkf1003
08-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Everybody should own atleast one..

KnickKnack
08-07-2015, 04:06 AM
Don't sell it! I made that mistake with the first M1 carbines that I owned... twice! I'm still kicking myself for that!

MrTwistedFock
08-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. It shoots fine. Maybe when I finish losing weight and get back into shape I will make the effort at shooting it at some CMP JCG Games, informal like.

Don't sell it! I made that mistake with the first M1 carbines that I owned... twice! I'm still kicking myself for that!

Prince Humperdink
08-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I make sure I take at least one big game animal with every one of My M1's. I take turns shooting My M1's at the range with the mil-surp bolt rifles,and the black rifles.

themeowman
08-08-2015, 01:47 PM
keep it you will kick yourself iy you sell it