PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch, "Fear the Walking Dead"?

cuppednlocked
08-23-2015, 10:43 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

The big collapse should start next episode.

KnickKnack
08-24-2015, 02:22 AM
I thought it was ok, but I'm wondering where it will lead that The Walking Dead hasn't already done, once the big collapse is over.

canes7
08-24-2015, 07:37 AM
I'll give it one more episode. I have a lot of questions about how this whole thing started and am looking to this series to provide the answers. Last nights episode was 1.5 hours. I could have told that story in 20 min. Lots of fluff, just like the farm season on TWD.

timshufflin
08-24-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm still lost on how anyone could survive in LA. Do they really have many firearms to defend themselves with? The food situation would be terrible. Combine this with the generally weakest thinking members of the population and you have a disaster similar to the November 2008 and 2012 elections.

cuppednlocked
08-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Verdict on the latest episode? I thought it was pretty weak.

KnickKnack
09-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I agree, weak. It's really not explaining anything that we didn't already know. After two episodes, civilization has gone to Hell. So now it's just the same as The Walking Dead. Fight to survive. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

timshufflin
09-01-2015, 08:12 AM
I liked it. So far it looks like the kalifornia I know, not many firearms except in the hands of the police. It isn't explaining much so far because the main characters don't know anything so far.

canes7
09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
There was a part where the nerdy kid was explaining something about how this started, but after being silent for over an hour my wife decided to ask a totally unrelated question right then. So I missed what may have been the only thing I was looking for from that series.

musketjon
09-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Tim,
You obviously haven't been to L. A. lately. There're guns all over the place. Just ask any gang-banger.
Jon

cuppednlocked
09-01-2015, 12:18 PM
There was a part where the nerdy kid was explaining something about how this started, but after being silent for over an hour my wife decided to ask a totally unrelated question right then. So I missed what may have been the only thing I was looking for from that series.

You didn't miss anything. I'm glad that LA/society is falling. I think we will finally start to go somewhere. I found it interesting that the female cop shot the punk woman in the head. It alludes to the fact the situation is known to some, but not all.

canes7
09-01-2015, 01:06 PM
You didn't miss anything. I'm glad that LA/society is falling. I think we will finally start to go somewhere. I found it interesting that the female cop shot the punk woman in the head. It alludes to the fact the situation is known to some, but not all.

I thought it was a shot or two in the chest then one in the head?

Some definitely know what's going on. The nerdy kid predicted it all.

cuppednlocked
09-01-2015, 02:16 PM
She gave a verbal warning and started shooting. Reading into the encounter it seemed that they are privy to not letting the walkers get close and to shoot on sight. The general public (except for the nerdy kid who got all the info from the internet) has not been warned.

Spoiler Alert......

A trailer for next week has a hospital barricaded and military shooting walkers as they appear.

KnickKnack
09-01-2015, 03:47 PM

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has a wife like that.

oldtop
11-05-2015, 04:43 PM
overall it was a big disappointment... in fact, I found myself anxiously awaiting the wife, her junkey son, and goofy daughter's demise and resurrection as "walkers"..... as for the hubby, he best get some gumption (aka: "balls") in a big hurry too, or he's likely to be "walker food".... makes me want to get one of those "T" shirts that says "I can't wait for you to become a zombie"..... if next season isn't any better, I'll dump it from my list....