PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Packed To The Rafters!

Punch The Clown
11-03-2015, 06:13 PM
***ATTENTION***

Due to the popularity of the CMP Custom Shop, we will temporarily cease issuance of all Return Authorization Numbers, effective 10/30/2015. Work orders received after 11/4/15, without proper return authorization, will be returned to the original sender without consideration at the senders cost. All RA Numbers issued prior to this date will be accepted and placed into our queue, regardless of the date received. We intend to utilize this time to restructure our operation, and to reduce the significant back log of work currently in our facility.

We will announce resumption of normal operations when reasonable turn-around time can be established and maintained. Our highest hope is to begin reception of new orders after the first of the year. This customer-centric decision will prevent needless extended storage of customer rifles at our facilities, as well as ensuring that future orders are completed and returned within a reasonable time frame.

While our friendly and knowledgeable Custom Shop staff will be available as usual, we ask that correspondence during this time please be limited to work orders currently in house. Efficient resolution of our back log is a top priority as we strive to offer our current customers the best service, and most reasonable turn-around time possible. We appreciate your understanding during this time, and would like to send out hearty thanks for your continued support of the Civilian Marksmanship Program and the Custom Shop.

Sincerely,
Your CMP Custom Shop Staff

canes7
11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
LOL. Tim, do your customers act like that?

timshufflin
11-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Like what?

Jimbo Slice
11-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Maybe now would be the time to see if they are looking into outsourcing some of their work?

Just throwing that out there...

canes7
11-03-2015, 10:42 PM
If you read between the lines the CMP is saying this:

Stop shipping us shit without RMA #'s.
Stop calling us every 5 seconds and keeping us on the phone for hours.
Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled children.

All that plus, they are saying they didn't train their people well and did not anticipate the demand for their services.

FUBAR.

ordmm
11-03-2015, 11:56 PM
If you read between the lines the CMP is saying this:

Stop shipping us shit without RMA #'s.
Stop calling us every 5 seconds and keeping us on the phone for hours.
Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled children.

All that plus, they are saying they didn't train their people well and did not anticipate the demand for their services.

FUBAR.

Yeah, FUBAR really describes it.

Roadkingtrax
11-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Too busy making money doing overpriced show-and-tell classes and web based seminars.

timshufflin
11-04-2015, 06:00 AM
I think they are genius offering those classes. That is the easiest money I can ever imagine.

cwcdl79
11-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I think Tim and Sean should do their own build classes...

ordmm
11-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I think they are genius offering those classes. That is the easiest money I can ever imagine.

Might be an opening for online gaming.....Since I doubt there will be a Talladega East, or West, or North, maybe the CMP could hold virtual online matches. Once they shake out the advanced technology at Talladega they could contract with a company to develop a whole series of video games. Online poker, fantasy sports and such all seem to bring in big bucks, why not shooting.

MrTwistedFock
11-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Screw the CMP.

ordmm
11-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Here 'ya go. Latest advanced test software.

http://my.ign.com/atari/missile-command

canes7
11-17-2015, 04:40 PM

Great. A new distraction.

jak
11-17-2015, 07:21 PM

Gee thanks !!!! Now I miss my old Atari 2600

cuppednlocked
11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Great. A new distraction.

Score: 18550

canes7
11-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Score: 18550

I think my highest was 12k....Maybe I should try while at work, less distractions.

ordmm
11-19-2015, 02:25 PM
I think my highest was 12k....Maybe I should try while at work, less distractions.

Oh Yeah...can see some IT or Security guy right now when search hardware flags your net activity as having to do with missile launches and destroyed cities....LOL

canes7
11-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Oh Yeah...can see some IT or Security guy right now when search hardware flags your net activity as having to do with missile launches and destroyed cities....LOL

I am IT security. :)

Roadkingtrax
11-20-2015, 08:14 PM
What's IT usually look for? Whoops/

canes7
11-20-2015, 11:17 PM
What's IT usually look for? Whoops/

Whatever the hell we want.

timshufflin
11-21-2015, 06:31 AM
Whatever the hell we want.

Canes, since you're in IT, you must also laugh at both the forum's who try to raise money to "keep the forum open" and at those on a forum who will want to close a thread to "save bandwidth". It costs less then $20 a year to keep some forum's open. Even a Vbulletion forum like the CMP or this one is less than $100 a year. A forum is cheap and I highly advise people to not fall for memberships on them where you are paying to support the forum and given some sort of status to do so. I fell for that once, just once. Then I got a forum and laughed at myself.

canes7
11-21-2015, 04:26 PM
There is always a laugh to be had when it comes to solicited donations. Bandwidth useage for a forum cant be too great. I've never done a study on it but all the big stuff (pics and videos) are usually hosted somewhere else and in turn the forums host doesn't get hit with that part of the load.

For people that solicit donations. Why not? A fool and his money are soon parted. Can't fault a guy for asking. I ran a bulletin board service (precursor to the internet) from 1984 to maybe 1987. I had that thing open for about 2 weeks and decided one day that I wanted to get paid for it. So I started charging $5 for a years access. When the envelopes with the money started showing up to the house my dad had two fits. First was laughing because I was making money and second because I was giving out the home address. Anyway he took me to the PO to get a PO box for that stuff. I soon discovered beer, cars, girls and left that far behind.

Punch The Clown
11-21-2015, 06:56 PM
I remember bulletin boards. Anyone remember Telnet?