PDA

View Full Version : Bad week in Wisconsin...Bye Bye Oscar Meyer and now an assault weapon ban...

ordmm
11-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Tough week in Madison....First off they announce the Oscar Meyer wiener factory is closing, and now they are trying to push legislation banning assault weapons in Wisconsin. Crazy stuff....

November 4, 2015

MADISON –Today, Representative Subeck (D-Madison), along with Representatives Terese Berceau, Melissa Sargent and Chris Taylor, circulated an Assembly bill that would ban the transportation, purchase, possession, or transfer of semiautomatic assault weapons in Wisconsin.

added link: http://host.madison.com/daily-cardinal/democrats-bill-would-ban-assault-weapons-outright/article_c743ae4c-8353-11e5-9961-bf09a32a077f.html

musketjon
11-06-2015, 04:29 PM
They must be Kalifornia trans plants.
Jon

Shug
11-06-2015, 09:04 PM
You need to take into account that politically, Madison isn't remotely representative of the rest of the state, including Milwaukee. It's a pointless gesture to earn political brownie points with constituents in his own district.

timshufflin
11-06-2015, 09:15 PM
It starts as brownie points for their districts... it ends as an entire dessert entree for your entire state. Are the conservative reps passing around assembly bills to make silencers legal?

Punch The Clown
11-06-2015, 10:38 PM
The Oscar Mayer plant does nothing but contribute to the carbon footprint while spewing out nitrate laden mystery meat that makes our children obese and gives us cancer. If Oscar Mayer would have converted to renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power and came out with a gluten free tofu wiener things may have played out a bit differently. I hope no union jobs were lost.

ordmm
11-07-2015, 04:33 PM
The Oscar Mayer plant does nothing but contribute to the carbon footprint while spewing out nitrate laden mystery meat that makes our children obese and gives us cancer. If Oscar Mayer would have converted to renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power and came out with a gluten free tofu wiener things may have played out a bit differently. I hope no union jobs were lost.

Actually the plant was somewhere around a hundred years old and the hourly work force was union. This is one plant closing that probably can't be put on the union. Oscar Meyer was bought out by Kraft-Heinz which is also shutting down five other operations and are in a big consolidation move. Would imagine the wiener/bologna business is one which is not exactly going to grow by leaps and bounds. Something for Michelle Obama to celebrate over. Madison where the plant is located is a mega Liberal island of whack jobs---which probably makes them happy since they hate meat products, animal abuse, slaughter houses, feed lots, manure piles.........anyway Libs hate just about anything it seems. Guess they will have to put an electric motor in the Wiener Mobile.

ordmm
11-07-2015, 04:47 PM
It starts as brownie points for their districts... it ends as an entire dessert entree for your entire state. Are the conservative reps passing around assembly bills to make silencers legal?

Have not heard anything about suppressors but the Repubs are going to make switchblades legal for concealed carry which drove the Dems nutz citing the knife fights they saw in 1950's gang movies. I honestly think the Repubs did it just to watch the Libs flail their arms and expend oxygen acting out like the drama queens the've become. Since the 2012 recall, which failed, and then 2014 when Repubs got even more votes, all changes are whatever the Repubs want as the Dems are such a minority in the House and Senate the only thing they can get approved is whatever scraps the Repubs throw them which is not very much. In some cases I guess it could be argued that they are definitely consolidating their hold and maybe some of it's a little shady, but as far as I'm concerned the Dem/Libs deserve to eat every bit of the crap sandwich their getting fed. Let's face it, Walker's presidential run was pretty lame so the state Dems bashed and thrashed him unmercifully...(which he had coming) but gheez did they not recognize the guy gonna be in a foul mood over the failed Pres run, and he still owes a $Million for that, and they didn't think that maybe what they were doing was poking the bear with a stick? So lots of paybacks, lot of Dem/Lib drama and whining, so for me it's quite entertaining. But I digress=====will have to check into the suppressor issue, will check with the local Dem senator first, and just to light him up will enquire about flame throwers at the same time.

Punch The Clown
11-07-2015, 05:12 PM
I wonder how this works out for John Kerry? He is married to the Heinz heir

ordmm
11-07-2015, 05:28 PM
I wonder how this works out for John Kerry? He is married to the Heinz heir

Oh you mean....."Maria Teresa Thierstein Simões-Ferreira" AKA Teresa Heinz Kerry. Obviously had to exercise my google-foo in regards to this. It seems she was down to a 1 or 2% stake in the catchup/pickle relish business when Buffett merged it. Sound like her and Kerry's take was less then a $million by that time, not that they are going to starve as their combined wealth makes them billion-aires.
Considering per pedigree and current picture she's had any relations with a wiener in some time. It's tough to be that wealthy I guess, lot's of pressure I'm sure. Wonder how they get along with the king and queen from Arkansas.........

LEAD POISON
11-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Well we know the queen doesn't eat wieners, But Monica does.