PDA

View Full Version : MiniG with drop down gas tube (or) Mag Fed MiniG with drop down gas tube???

medman
11-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Below are pictures of the next M1 that I want Tim to work on.
I need help deciding on what way to go... MiniG or Mag Fed Mini G... what say you?

Either way I want the gas tube and 7 inch BM59 comp on the beast.

timshufflin
11-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Have fun deciding, it's the joy of life.

medman
11-24-2015, 10:29 PM
I have not been as anxious about a choice between two things since finals in college!

Punch The Clown
11-25-2015, 09:54 AM
I have not been as anxious about a choice between two things since finals in college!

Always choose "C" when guessing.

medman
11-25-2015, 10:52 AM
That's the conventional wisdom. Wish it worked with guns.

Punch The Clown
11-26-2015, 05:50 PM
The Mini-G was always in my opinion an iron sight carbine size brush gun, truck gun, home defense gun. The mag fed is more of a military style rifle. A short version of the BM59 that takes the less expensive M14 mags. I would expect that the mag fed people pamper them while the standard Mini-G gets ridden hard and put away wet. I've seen a few that have come through Tim's shop for service and both of us were amazed they still ran. Obviously never cleaned, lubed, with so much powder residue in the stock it took a mallet to get them apart. Still ran though.

medman
11-26-2015, 06:59 PM
The Mini-G was always in my opinion an iron sight carbine size brush gun, truck gun, home defense gun. The mag fed is more of a military style rifle. A short version of the BM59 that takes the less expensive M14 mags. I would expect that the mag fed people pamper them while the standard Mini-G gets ridden hard and put away wet. I've seen a few that have come through Tim's shop for service and both of us were amazed they still ran. Obviously never cleaned, lubed, with so much powder residue in the stock it took a mallet to get them apart. Still ran though.

That's kind of what $700 v $1300 will do to people. Lol.
I've got a mini g already that I treat like a rodeo queen. It get a nice comfy place in my safe, is inside a gun sock, and is handled with gentle hands just like a lady... Then when it's time for business she puts on leather, gets to work, and rides hard!

The mag fed will be no different... Just need to get some more funds for the conversion. Sure wish my DPMS Upper would sell.

timshufflin
12-16-2015, 02:28 PM
That's kind of what $700 v $1300 will do to people. Lol.
I've got a mini g already that I treat like a rodeo queen. It get a nice comfy place in my safe, is inside a gun sock, and is handled with gentle hands just like a lady... Then when it's time for business she puts on leather, gets to work, and rides hard!

The mag fed will be no different... Just need to get some more funds for the conversion. Sure wish my DPMS Upper would sell.

Holy Moses!

medman
12-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Holy Moses!

Moses was the giver of the law. My Mag Fed Mini G will simply lay down the law.
Maybe I'll name the rifle Moses...

medman
04-23-2016, 11:04 AM
The wait begins!
Sent off the rifle for conversion yesterday.
Decided to go with Mag fed MiniG with a drop down gas cylinder.

It's going to be a long 21+ days.
Thanks for the service Mr. Tim!

Punch The Clown
04-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Good choice. However the other choice would have been good also.

medman
04-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Just figured that I needed to have a reason to hoard 308 win, along with, 30-06.
Just need to find some good M14 mags at a reasonable price. A store here in Omaha wanted me to pay $42 for a GI 10 round mag. Like that was going to happen!

Punch The Clown
04-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Checkmate is GI. High quality mags.
http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/cart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=8

medman
04-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Found a couple good deals on mags...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-us-military-surplus-20-rd-m14-mag?a=407957

http://jandcsales.com/Misc.html