PDA

View Full Version : Cut and crown an AR15 barrel

axemurderer
12-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Hi All

I am finally going to finish my NY S.A.F.E. Act AR. I have decided to Cut and crown The barrel instead of Having a thread protector pinned on.

My question is two fold, which cutter should I buy, or does anyone have one they would like to sell. This will be the first time I will be doing this, so as

idiot proof as possible would be great!

Mike

timshufflin
12-17-2015, 09:37 PM
I wish I could help bro. I know nothing of the crowning tools for ARs.

Eli
12-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Hi All

I am finally going to finish my NY S.A.F.E. Act AR. I have decided to Cut and crown The barrel instead of Having a thread protector pinned on.

My question is two fold, which cutter should I buy, or does anyone have one they would like to sell. This will be the first time I will be doing this, so as

idiot proof as possible would be great!

Mike

Yeah, you should just move instead.

Eli

musketjon
12-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah, you should just move instead.

Eli
I don't know about the rest of you, but I pretty GD tired of people saying '' just move''. Not everyone is in a position to just eff'ing pack up and move. How about some real, HELPFUL answers on occasion, or keep your lame-azz answers to yourselves.
Jon

timshufflin
12-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Actually, moving is pretty easy. I've done it before and so have my kids.

Eli
12-18-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I pretty GD tired of people saying '' just move''. Not everyone is in a position to just eff'ing pack up and move. How about some real, HELPFUL answers on occasion, or keep your lame-azz answers to yourselves.
Jon

If you think it's bad now, wait until there's a Republican administration that stops subsidizing that $hithole state - expect 50%+ state income taxes come 2017! I realize it isn't easy, but it's time to RUN the hell away from NY!

Eli

timshufflin
12-18-2015, 06:25 PM
If you think it's bad now, wait until there's a Republican administration that stops subsidizing that $hithole state - expect 50%+ state income taxes come 2017! I realize it isn't easy, but it's time to RUN the hell away from NY!

Eli

Jon is in california, the sister city.

canes7
12-18-2015, 08:58 PM
I wonder how much we could get from a GoFundMe campaign dedicated to getting Jon out of the land of fruits and nuts.

axemurderer
12-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, can't say it was much help. I think I will just rent one from 4D.

Mike

timshufflin
12-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, can't say it was much help. I think I will just rent one from 4D.

Mike

Probably best bet.

Punch The Clown
12-19-2015, 02:29 PM

Eli

Not to worry. hillary is the next President. trump is seeing to that.

musketjon
12-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Or try the brass round head bolt and lapping compound trick.
Jon

musketjon
12-20-2015, 11:59 PM
I wonder how much we could get from a GoFundMe campaign dedicated to getting Jon out of the land of fruits and nuts.
I'm totally on board with that one. I'm ready just as soon as the funds are here. I'll be 61 on the 30th so retirement isn't too far off. I can hardly wait. All I have to do is figure out which free state I want to move to. My fiancee still has family and connections in North Carolina.
Jon

axemurderer
12-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Or try the brass round head bolt and lapping compound trick.
Jon

MJ, first I need to get rid of the muzzle device threads!!!!

musketjon
12-21-2015, 04:11 PM
MJ, first I need to get rid of the muzzle device threads!!!!

That's what a lathe was invented for. If we were close I'd do it for you.
Jon