PDA

View Full Version : Virginia to end conceal carry reciprocity with 25 states

jak
12-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Another knee-jerk liberal reaction.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/virginia-to-end-recognizing-concealed-carry-gun-permits-from-25-states.html

timshufflin
12-22-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm still good there, as if I care.

seaninmich
12-22-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm still good there, as if I care.

you should care. an infringement is an infringement, whether or not it affects you directly.

timshufflin
12-22-2015, 08:42 PM
you should care. an infringement is an infringement, whether or not it affects you directly.

I care but it doesn't matter. The court system doesn't give two licks about the law. We've had a scenario, going 85 years now, where there is no North.

Punch The Clown
12-22-2015, 09:04 PM
The antis have gained momentum since the Supreme Court refused to hear the Chicago assault weapon case.

KnickKnack
12-23-2015, 05:08 AM
"Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said."

Poppycock! Just another Liberal lie to convince the uninformed and unintelligent Public that these Laws are good for them!

We need that Federal Right to Carry Law, making it legal to carry in all 50 States, regardless of what your home State Laws are.

timshufflin
12-23-2015, 06:58 AM
"Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said."

Poppycock! Just another Liberal lie to convince the uninformed and unintelligent Public that these Laws are good for them!

We need that Federal Right to Carry Law, making it legal to carry in all 50 States, regardless of what your home State Laws are.

Tough one KK, you have the supremacy clause weighted against states rights. Of course we all know where the feds and the supremacy clause fall when intervening on most any other Amendment or Constitutional application. Heck, oboombya care isn't a Constitutional mandated and here we are, aren't we.

Punch The Clown
12-23-2015, 08:03 AM
I thought the supremacy clause was there to prevent state and local govt from violating our rights ?

Punch The Clown
12-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Chief Justice John Marshall interpreted the clause to mean that the states may not interfere with the functioning of the federal government and that federal law prevails over an inconsistent state law.

Prince Humperdink
12-23-2015, 02:01 PM
When I got my Montana CCP,I had to go through an extensive federal background check,so I don't think I could have obtained it if I were any of the criminals they mention?!!

cuppednlocked
12-23-2015, 09:01 PM
Lets see to obtain OOS VA CCW permit:

Submit Hunter's Safety card, pictures, application (online from what I understand)
PAY fee (interesting thing here)
Receive permit

Yeah, that's tough to do. With VA being a "shall issue" state.

Wait until residents figure out that their permit won't be recognized in the 25 states VA ended reciprocity.

Disclaimer: I may have missed a step or two because I'm going on memory.