PDA

View Full Version : IHC Project--Yes or No

musketjon
06-25-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm thinking about getting this IHC from Gun Broker. Orion 7 has a proper LMR-IHC barrel for $325. TE is 3.5, MW is 2. With all the shipping I'd be into it for a little under $1700. I've got a friend who can do the barrel swap for me. What say you? I'm not too versed on IHC's so any opinion(s) are welcome.
Here's the link to the rifle.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=236606885

Thanks,
Jon

Prince Humperdink
06-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Jon,
I'd be a little weary with that Rifle.It looks like it may be a welded Receiver,if You look at the clip latch cut out area.Perhaps if a return period is offered it wouldn't be so risky.At that price gambling is not as desirable.
Ryan

06-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Looks like a weld mark on receiver leg. JMHO. Not a bad price otherwise.

checkmate19
06-25-2011, 06:25 AM
With out better pics I would say they look like welds also, a pretty clean looking one . What about the heat lot numbers? No books at the moment but I think those are the correct numbers for the receiver and I would highly doubt some one would match up halves. If the numbers match I would ask for more pics and return policy.

melloman
06-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Nice looking rifle but kind of pitted all around though. If you look closely at the shadowed areas in the photos you can see it on the trigger housing as well. I got the feeling that with the grease and the funny lighting that something was trying to remain concealed.