PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions for you all......

Richy8302
04-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Alright 1st question is will a drop down gas cylinder work on a full size 30-06 Garand?
2nd question is should I have shuff repark a little worn pitted IHC receiver that has an Anniston rebuild pencil mark on the leg?, I just don't want it the pitting to get worse.

timshufflin
04-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Alright 1st question is will a drop down gas cylinder work on a full size 30-06 Garand?
2nd question is should I have shuff repark a little worn pitted IHC receiver that has an Anniston rebuild pencil mark on the leg?, I just don't want it the pitting to get worse.

Question 1, if you straighten the rod.
Question 2, I would probably not if it were mine and to be a rebuild representative. If you just want that "new" look, it's your rifle.

Richy8302
04-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Oh hey shuff lol, can you straighten the rod? If I send you the receiver, barrel, rod and bolt can you barrel and head space it?, and should I just keep the receiver oiled up? I don't care about the new look lol. Thanks

timshufflin
04-30-2016, 05:13 PM
1. I think I can straighten it, on a full length oprod it will have to be pretty straight.
2. Yes I can barrel it
3. I don't know what you should do about the receiver but should always keep it oiled.