PDA

View Full Version : Oh the drama!

canes7
05-13-2016, 05:44 PM
CMP posted sold out on SG and FG rifles. The M1 Facebook thread is full of drama about it. I can't wait to go see the CMP forum and count the threads whining about it.

Eli
05-13-2016, 06:06 PM
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/
Holy shit... I didn't see anything on the CMP forums, but this is not good!

Eli

Orlando
05-13-2016, 07:01 PM
I remember years ago the same thing happened, all rifles marked sold out with the exception of Rack Grades. Everyone said it was over so the Rackers flew off the shelves. Wasnt long and guess what, CMP had some of the nicest Field and Service Grades ever. It was a good way of cleaning of beater Rack Grades
So is it really over???? Who knows but if it is I'm unloading rifles when the panic buying starts

timshufflin
05-13-2016, 08:25 PM
I have two service grades on order, it'll be fine.

cuppednlocked
05-13-2016, 11:01 PM
It also allows the staff to clear the backlog of orders, and increase the price for any remaining inventory.

musketjon
05-13-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm unloading rifles when the panic buying starts

I have 4 all correct M1's. They'll be the absolute LAST rifles sold, and at that, I'd have to be rather destitute. My "one per lifetime"--NEVER!!! Too much time and effort invested in that one.
Jon

canes7
05-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Who knows but if it is I'm unloading rifles when the panic buying starts

IIRC the leading thought was when the end comes for real there will be a spike in prices followed by a crash. As soon as I see that spike all my Garand stuff is out the door! I'll keep 2 for myself the parts and all the rest will be gone.

Eli
05-14-2016, 10:37 PM
It also allows the staff to clear the backlog of orders, and increase the price for any remaining inventory.

It seems so:
Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1345979818762501&id=203757876318040

I hate this sight:

I think I'll be joining the TSRA shortly, and setting aside cash from sales I'm about to start...

Eli

jak
05-15-2016, 09:29 AM

Correct...They do this every couple of years

Punch The Clown
05-15-2016, 10:04 AM
Old lying Mark, he's lying again.

Roadkingtrax
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM
People are really soapboxing. Cant believe the amount of Blue Falcon FUDDs are there.

musketjon
05-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Oh come on now Stu, we all know that Mark would NEVER lie to us.
Jon

Punch The Clown
05-15-2016, 03:00 PM
I can't believe that the faithful talk easily about the cmp building service grades. There was a time when putting that in writing would get you crucified. Times change.

Roadkingtrax
05-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Did you guys all miss the MJ flip out session at the Eastern Games?

It happened, but damage control stepped in.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=189563

I was there at 3, and did not see any Service Grades except the CMP Specials. No one was allowed to hold a rifle they planned to buy until sales time. Watched a sales lady make a buyer put a 03A3 drill rifle back on the table he was holding. I was there for the Mark Johnson "I am the "F"ing guy in charge and if you don't get the "F"ing rifle you want, I am the guy to talk to, and what rifles you see are the "F"ing rifles we have" rant. I asked another buyer what caused that incident, he said some red headed guy was telling a sales lady that it was B.S. that the rifle selection was so poor. She went and got Mark Johnson to handle this guy. I did not see the exchange that led up to the rant, just the effect.

canes7
05-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Did you guys all miss the MJ flip out session at the Eastern Games?

It happened, but damage control stepped in.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=189563

Do you think that really happened? I agree there is always the possibility but not probable.

Roadkingtrax
05-15-2016, 05:58 PM
Do you think that really happened? I agree there is always the possibility but not probable.

Spoke to an eye witnesses (a few feet away), he would not put it in writing and had me call him. He described what happened, it was a total shock to the individual and he noticed the staff were also taken back by it.

timshufflin
05-15-2016, 06:23 PM
Neither of them is more believable than the other to me, I know neither.

cuppednlocked
05-15-2016, 11:05 PM
I'd love to see the video. I'll ask Lenn.

timshufflin
05-16-2016, 05:02 AM
I'd love to see the video. I'll ask Lenn.

If we have video, I'll get me a double crooked tree, a frosty mug, do the play by play with you all.

ordmm
05-16-2016, 01:09 PM
If we have video, I'll get me a double crooked tree, a frosty mug, do the play by play with you all.

If indeed that video exists it will join "'Smoke' on the Grassy Knoll in Dallas" as the two great conspiracy theories. The existence on "the rant" video will be neither confirmed or denied....or admitted to. The CMP spawns great drama.

canes7
05-16-2016, 01:21 PM
I bet whoever has this video, if it exists at all, is right now blackmailing MJ out of a couple collector grade Garands.

I was at, or near, the sales tables about the time this went down. I saw nothing that indicated there was a issue.

ordmm
05-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Am waiting...In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for the usual "Hitler Rant" vid on youtube.

cuppednlocked
05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Am waiting...In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 for the usual "Hitler Rant" vid on youtube.

It can't be long...

timshufflin
05-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Still nothing, putting beer back in fridge.

canes7
05-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Still nothing, putting beer back in fridge.

Drink the beer. You can get more if the sparks start flying.

MrTwistedFock
06-09-2016, 06:13 PM
I know RD69 a little. I sold him a bunch of CMP M2 ball ammo and some CMP Hornady Amax match ammo the late summer of 2012. He was super straightforward and super easy to deal with. He's a retired Army Paratrooper and was living in the Fayetteville area then. He HATES AR-15s and the M-16 platform, I mean he DESPISES ARs...told me he wont allow an AR-15 on his property. The reason is he served in both Somalia in the early nineties and in the GWOT in the middle east and he had a ton of bad experiences with the 5.56 NATO round being ineffective on drug pumped up indigenous peoples in Somalia and on insurgents in Iraq.

He's an expert on the M-14. He told me some cool but disheartening sounding stories about his time overseas and with regards to M-14s having to be airdropped into the mountains of Afghanistan when he was there.

RD69 is no bs, his knees are busted up from years of serving in Army Airborne units he admitted to me.

I'd trust his word over Mark Johnson's anyday. Ive watched how the CMP has changed since Johnson took over, the guy seems like a jerk. Johnson comes across like a major redneck. Like, born and bred in Alabama and damn proud of that. He seems like the kind of guy that if you ask him a simple, straightforward question, he will give you a line of bs oftentimes especially if he is not in a good mood. Orest was a jerk as well although he was quieter about it, although his wife was and is a nice lady.

Eli
06-09-2016, 10:30 PM
I know RD69 a little. I sold him a bunch of CMP M2 ball ammo and some CMP Hornady Amax match ammo the late summer of 2012. He was super straightforward and super easy to deal with. He's a retired Army Paratrooper and was living in the Fayetteville area then. He HATES AR-15s and the M-16 platform, I mean he DESPISES ARs...told me he wont allow an AR-15 on his property. The reason is he served in both Somalia in the early nineties and in the GWOT in the middle east and he had a ton of bad experiences with the 5.56 NATO round being ineffective on drug pumped up indigenous peoples in Somalia and on insurgents in Iraq.

He's an expert on the M-14. He told me some cool but disheartening sounding stories about his time overseas and with regards to M-14s having to be airdropped into the mountains of Afghanistan when he was there.

RD69 is no bs, his knees are busted up from years of serving in Army Airborne units he admitted to me.

I'd trust his word over Mark Johnson's anyday. Ive watched how the CMP has changed since Johnson took over, the guy seems like a jerk. Johnson comes across like a major redneck. Like, born and bred in Alabama and damn proud of that. He seems like the kind of guy that if you ask him a simple, straightforward question, he will give you a line of bs oftentimes especially if he is not in a good mood. Orest was a jerk as well although he was quieter about it, although his wife was and is a nice lady.

Uh... What?

Eli

stratochief
06-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Uh... What?

Eli

Don't feed the trolls.

MrTwistedFock
06-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Uh what what?

Uh... What?

Eli

centurion20000
06-11-2016, 06:57 PM
RD69 should learn about alternate calibers (6.8 SPC or even 358 MGP).

Love my Garands but AR's have a spot too.

MrTwistedFock
06-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Perhaps you should contact him and tell him about these calibers?

In all honesty, RD69 sounded to me like he has a boatload of combat experience going back to Somalia. He even told me a story where he was caught in an explosion in Iraq and was dinged by an AK bullet, but he had his helmet and bullet proof vest on so he survived. He also complained to me "that except for the SAW machine gun, few of the infantry weapons being issued have any real range." He was put in some preventable, bad situations because of the infantry weapons his unit(s) were issued and told me an airdrop of crated M-14s literally saved his ass and his units ass.

Like I said, the guy has some interesting combat stories, firsthand and he will tell them to you if you talk to him. He also has some strong opinions, based upon his overseas combat experiences and his opinions are not PC or what his CO would want him to tell you.

RD69 should learn about alternate calibers (6.8 SPC or even 358 MGP).

Love my Garands but AR's have a spot too.