PDA

View Full Version : 8mm Mosin Nagant

axemurderer
05-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Wow

I just placed a bid on what I believe is an 8mm Blindee Converted Mosin Nagant. It is rough, but I really do not intent to shoot it. Well maybe just a few rounds to see if it works.

I missed out on a Bannerman 30/06 conversion on GB, but it was the sporter and I am looking for the military model. I do not know why I have such a passion for odd bolt guns.

However if we did not have quirks we would all be rich!!!!!!!!

Axemurderer

axemurderer
05-30-2016, 02:11 PM
I am now the owner of the ugliest rifle on the face of the planet!!!!

musketjon
05-30-2016, 02:16 PM
That is definitely one fugly rifle.
Jon

mxlmax
05-30-2016, 03:11 PM

Its just a Carbine with a long barrel.

30calflash
05-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Hello axemurderer, did your new rifle end up being an 8mm conversion? I've not heard of a Blindee conversion before.

I read where Poland produced a model 91/25/something in 8mm Mauser.

Congrats on the acquisition. 30cf

axemurderer
05-31-2016, 06:22 AM
30CF

Here is a link to the Blindee.

http://mosinnagant.net/global%20mosin%20nagants/8mm_blindee_converted_mosin_naga.asp

Mike

Hello axemurderer, did your new rifle end up being an 8mm conversion? I've not heard of a Blindee conversion before.

I read where Poland produced a model 91/25/something in 8mm Mauser.

Congrats on the acquisition. 30cf

Punch The Clown
05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
That gun is uglier than home made soap. Btw, they had a Bannerman 1903 at the last forks show. I had no idea these things interested you. Sorry

Old Guard
07-21-2016, 03:21 PM

Congratulations , Mike.. I have noted these conversions before at some of the few gunshows, that i attend..The cut above the bolt, was what caught my eye...This made it easier to get longer rounds down the throat.. Have you fired yours yet??

axemurderer
07-21-2016, 05:01 PM
No OG I have not. I need to load some 8mm for it. I am a little worried shooting Turkish surplus in it, that shite is hot as hell. I recently read an article about down loading the Turkish stuff. The guy was saying to dump the load and the reduce by 10%. Also he stated that the powder is a lot like 3031 and he has used that loading data. So I might give that a try!

Mike

Congratulations , Mike.. I have noted these conversions before at some of the few gunshows, that i attend..The cut above the bolt, was what caught my eye...This made it easier to get longer rounds down the throat.. Have you fired yours yet??

Flyer
11-22-2016, 11:05 PM
I bought a Bannerman butchered 30-06 Mosin. I got it for the Westinghouse action only. The reason why it didn't blow up back in the day was the 0.303 bore so the gas would escape rather than build in the chamber.

Any way I got it to tweak a friend who likes communist guns too much.

Eventually I will fit up a modified heavy profile machine gun barrel to return it to 7.62*54R and put it in a nice stock. The original barrel has been destroyed so it can never be used again.

Be careful with that thing, it was built in the days before civil liability.