PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else miss Orest? I do.

Punch The Clown
12-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Orest wasn't perfect but this new guy is a real-never mind. It's Christmas.

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/EasterOrest_zps97b26fa5.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/EasterOrest_zps97b26fa5.jpg.html)

canes7
12-14-2016, 09:27 AM
We'll see. I'm up for giving Mark a little more time before drawing a conclusion but the initial reaction isn't so hot.

It's not Mark Johnson's fault the CMP is running out of surplus rifles to sell. O always seemed to have an iron in the fire somewhere though. Maybe Marks better at keeping secrets? Who knows.

CMP competitions have really been turned on their head since Mark took over. You can use 4.5x optics on service rifles now. In service pistol competitions you can use just about anything. Rules for certain matches are about as clear as mud and mostly not followed.

Talledega Marksmanship Park has all the potential in the world to be a great place to casually shoot and run competitions. The e-targets they use have problems. The staff is all too willing to blame the shooter. Which, without good evidence, is a tough pill to swallow when you spent vacation days and a small fortune just to participate.

I don't think you'd see these problems from Orest. If you did experience these problems I think he'd have a much better solution to them. Marks challenge is to bring the CMP into the here and now and to do it in a way that keeps it's base of customers (rifle sales and competitions) happy. So far it seems the only one who is happy is Mark.

jak
12-14-2016, 10:57 AM
I bet Orest doesn't miss any of it.

timshufflin
12-14-2016, 05:51 PM
--------NO--------

seaninmich
12-14-2016, 08:47 PM
I wonder if orest misses his $300,000 a year job PLUS bonuses?

timshufflin
12-14-2016, 09:00 PM
I wonder if orest misses his $300,000 a year job PLUS bonuses?

Move along, nothing to see here.

musketjon
12-14-2016, 10:41 PM
I wonder if Stu misses the reach-around.
Jon

Punch The Clown
12-15-2016, 05:52 AM
I wonder if Stu misses the reach-around.
Jon

Good memory! That was the comment that got me banned for all eternity.