PDA

View Full Version : My CMP Inland M1 Carbine

jason60chev
05-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Hello Battle Tested Friends.....Just thought I post something about my M1 Carbine. Neat little rifle. I had never really thought about owning one ubtil I got involved with the CMP Games matches. in 2009, I picked this one out at the CMP South store when they had a number of them. I believe that it is a December 1943 Inland. I replaced the stock it came in for this current Inland stock it is wearing now. This particular rifle shoots high, even at the lowest rear sight setting. It is still a good shooter. I fired it at The Eastern CMP Games in 2009 and at Camp Perry in 2010. I think they guy who scored my target at Perry scored it wrong.....I think I had a Bronze, but oh, well. It was fun. Don't think I have fired it since. Target photo is from the prone position at 100 yards.

jason60chev
05-04-2017, 06:53 PM
You cannot seem to delete a message. Was trying to post a few more photos, but the system said that they were too large. Oh well.

timshufflin
05-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Hello Battle Tested Friends.....Just thought I post something about my M1 Carbine. Neat little rifle. I had never really thought about owning one ubtil I got involved with the CMP Games matches. in 2009, I picked this one out at the CMP South store when they had a number of them. I believe that it is a December 1943 Inland. I replaced the stock it came in for this current Inland stock it is wearing now. This particular rifle shoots high, even at the lowest rear sight setting. It is still a good shooter. I fired it at The Eastern CMP Games in 2009 and at Camp Perry in 2010. I think they guy who scored my target at Perry scored it wrong.....I think I had a Bronze, but oh, well. It was fun. Don't think I have fired it since. Target photo is from the prone position at 100 yards. Oh heck yes! Love the pictures.

checkmate19
05-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Nice shooting and great pictures also, thanks for sharing with us.