PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Steyr Model 1912 Pistol

jason60chev
05-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Hello Battle Tested Friends......

Here's another WWI milsurp pistol........the Austrian Steyr Model 1912. Original caliber was 9mm Steyr which used a 9x23 case and a .356 bullet. Cases, bullets and dies are available for hand loading. This is an interesting pistol, too, It is semi-automatic single action with an internal fixed magazine which is feed with 8 round stripper clips!!! Pull slide back and lock it with a lever, insert stripper clip into slot above magazine and push them in. Unlock slide with the locking lever and slide chambers a round. Unload magazine by locking open and depressing the mag unload lever. Rather than a tilting barrel or toggle, the barrel rotates on lugs on the barrel and grooves inside the slide. These were made from 1912-1919 for Austria, Bavaria, Romania and Chile.

This particular piston is Austrian, but is one of about 60,000 re-worked to 9mm Parabellum caliber, by the Germans in the late 1930's. These would mostly be issued to rear echelon and police units. Only modification was a new barrel, which I think Mauser produced. 9mm ammo loads into and feeds from the internal magazine without any problem. Fun and interesting pistol. Parts might be a little difficult to find. I had to replace the extractor in mine, which was almost $100! It doesn;t get fired too much, but I really like it.