PDA

View Full Version : It was 0516 on a Saturday morning

rlelvis
06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
when this sucker was born.

I stopped at the NS to look for a FG, a couple of receivers, a couple of Carbine bayonets, and a cursory check of serial numbers for a consecutive match. Walked out with a RG M1D that I swore I would never buy. The good is that it was a RG with a great bore and under 1.5 and is sporting a well worn but salvageable tiger striped post war SA stock. The Parkerizing is a nice, TE 68 rebuild, if you like that and a distinct heat treat line. It came with a couple of possible trade parts like a small pad –W.R.A. housing and a NM oprod. Now to start the hunt for the rest of it.

Anyway a pic.

On another note the selection is surely as dismal as I have seen in my four visits there. I did find one of the two receivers I was looking for but no bayonets left.

I took a picture of all the SA CG cartouches for comparison. I will post a link to them and once I get them uploaded.

BRUTUS
06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Ahhhhh.....the story.......

LEAD POISON
06-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Do they ever have WRA receivers?

rlelvis
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Ahhhhh.....the story.......

Realy should have posted in the WR I think. :)

rlelvis
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM

I can not speak for ever but they did not when I was there. To be honest I was disappointed in the receivers as far as condition, ALLOT of pitting there. Of course maybe I just expect to much for that price.

cuppednlocked
06-30-2011, 09:59 PM
That stock looks amazing! Great figure.

Punch The Clown
06-30-2011, 10:11 PM
And if you miss them with the scope you can still get them with a grenade.

rlelvis
07-01-2011, 08:12 AM
And if you miss them with the scope you can still get them with a grenade.

Yep has all the 'options', what else would you expect from a CMP built M1D?

MH53GUNNER
07-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Really is not a bad looking RG at all.

The CMP has Winny receivers in crates but not offering them for sale at this time. Along with the Winnies there are IHC receivers.

IHC that I pulled out of the box.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/mh53gunner/CMPTRIPTOUR2010250.jpg

Another view. This receiver was laying in a grate with other receivers. I imagine hat this one will go off to auction.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/mh53gunner/CMPTRIPTOUR2010253.jpg

paid4c4
07-01-2011, 10:28 AM

The CMP has Winny receivers in crates but not offering them for sale at this time. Along with the Winnies there are IHC receivers.
Probably saving them for a "Cherry Picking" venture by some special group.

MH53GUNNER
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
You got that right. Maybe at the Western Games get together.

Here are some Winnies from the Winny crate...LOL

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/mh53gunner/CMPTRIPANDTOURAPRIL2010059_edited-1.jpg

cuppednlocked
07-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Looks like a bunch of future win service grades to me.

Dave
07-01-2011, 09:02 PM

If your referring to M1D's with WRA receivers, yes they did use those. I passed up on two of them years ago, both were CMP danish returns, both M1D's, both had FKF marked scopes IIRC. Local shop had them on consignment for 1400 each which I thought was ridiculous back then.

rlelvis
07-02-2011, 08:55 AM

The way I look at it is that it's as nice as most WWII SN SG with decent USGI wood and good bore. I just paid 200 extra for the block to be installed. The rest is pissed away on CMP paper. I never really 'had' to have a D but with my eyes getting worse maybe I will still be able to shoot an acceptable group with glass. So I will have the commercial mount, one day on a Mini G, and this D. And the good to the stock is that I have a new grenade sight that was given to me by a friend. I always wanted an example of one but could not bring myself to mount to any of my existing stocks; problem now fixed and going on another M1.

As far as D accessories I will be looking toward repro stuff unless I stumble into a deal on the real McCoy. I hate to do it but budget directs.

Prince Humperdink
07-02-2011, 09:35 AM
That looks Great My Friend!That stock will sure be a beauty.