PDA

View Full Version : 86,000 Philipine Garands Coming Home?

centurion20000
07-30-2017, 10:44 PM
This could get interesting ...

The Government May Soon Be Shipping 86,000 World War 2 Rifles to Homes Across the Country (http://conflictandsecurity.com/government-may-soon-shipping-86000-world-war-2-rifles-homes-across-country/)

The Philippines may be shipping 86,000 M1 Garand rifles to the US which will be made available to the US public through the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). The rifles were mostly manufactured prior to 1957 and are considered highly collectible. The program will use the proceeds from the potential sale to fund their operations.

canes7
07-31-2017, 07:38 AM
That news blip you copy and pasted is the first I have heard of these 86k rifles being labeled as possibly collectible. Quotes from the people at the CMP, and others who have actually laid eyes on them, say that they are most likely going to be one big pile of Garand and carbine junk. I'm expecting these rifles to get imported and only about 20% being sold as rifles, the rest as parts.

Jimbo Slice
07-31-2017, 07:55 AM
You guys really think this could happen? I mean... their President hates us at the moment. I'm having a hard time believing this would get the OK from either end.