PDA

View Full Version : Bump Stocks Caused Las Vegas Carnage

Punch The Clown
10-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I guarantee that republicans will "cross the aisle" and sign on to the bump stock ban. Feel-good legislation at it's best. Funny thing is you can go on youtube and find a million ways to duplicate the actions of a bump stock-some as simple as a foot of twine. With the advent of 3d printers-oh boy. fuck schumer is already screaming about 3d printer regulation. Most conservatives are fairly handy and technical. I believe that in no time there will be postings on "how to convert standard M4 type stock to a bump stock". democrats on the other hand have to hire a conservative to put a nail in the wall for them. But they (democrats) are adept at manipulating the media and tugging on people's heartstrings.

Sorry about the rambling. The bottom line is the "final solution" is the suspension of the Bill of Rights, kicking down doors, and confiscation. Then we can more closely resemble europe that we seem to idolize. Where have I heard the phrase "final solution" before? Sounds familiar somehow.

timshufflin
10-05-2017, 02:37 PM
When it comes to votes, anything in the Constitution is "up for negotiation".

timshufflin
10-05-2017, 02:38 PM
By the way, I wonder how the sales of bump fire stocks are doing right now? I'm guessing they are "up".

canes7
10-05-2017, 03:50 PM
One does not need a fancy, and now expensive, aftermarket stock to give the illusion of full auto. All you need is two hands and a belt loop on your pants.

Shug
10-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Careful saying that; ATF may try to classify your pants as a NFA item. And you'd better hope they were manufactured before 1986.

Bob W
10-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Yep- Bump stocks caused the carnage....... and my spoon made me fat.
Not sure, but willing to bet McDonald's kills more people than guns each year.

axemurderer
10-07-2017, 05:43 PM
I can not say about bump-stock sales. However Surefire is sold out of those 60 round magazines that were piled up in that hotel room!!!!!

Prince Humperdink
10-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I certainly don't need anything that worsens my accuracy! I believe after all this,we really only need to attack "silencers"!

jason60chev
11-19-2017, 06:43 PM
When the time comes for confiscation, ALL.....ALL gun laws/regulations are Null and Void!

jason60chev
11-19-2017, 06:46 PM
The technique of Bump Firing can be done from the Shoulder, too....without the stock device!!! But the legislation is worded such that all "rate of fire increasing" devices would be regulated of illegal, WITHOUT specifying WHAT the base rate of fire is! So, technically, by the wording of the legislation, if your move your trigger finger faster, increasing the rate of fire, you are a felon. Lube your rifle or make the action smoother, thus increasing the rate of fire...you are a felon.......ad infinitum

Shug
11-19-2017, 07:32 PM
That vagueness is actually in our favor if the D's draft "Bump Stock Ban" (now expanded to be a complete new, 125 page long AWB) bill passes at the Federal level. It gives solid grounds for a legal challenge, that the SC has upheld multiple times. See:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/vagueness_doctrine
The claim would be on 5th & 14th Amendment grounds, entirely separate from any 2A claim.

Bob W
11-19-2017, 09:14 PM
That vagueness is actually in our favor if the D's draft "Bump Stock Ban" (now expanded to be a complete new, 125 page long AWB) bill passes at the Federal level. It gives solid grounds for a legal challenge, that the SC has upheld multiple times. See:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/vagueness_doctrine
The claim would be on 5th & 14th Amendment grounds, entirely separate from any 2A claim.

Thanks Shug, but can't read the link, it's covered with the ad from the legal site soliciting donations. If we all give just $10 they'll be good in an hour for the next year. This is to keep all their info "free".
I just gave to Wiki and Mozilla, the Salvation army, the guy on the corner, and I just paid the first installment on my property taxes. I'm about "give" out.

Punch The Clown
11-19-2017, 10:21 PM
I never understood incorporation and the Reconstruction Amendments. Since states and local govt can pick and choose which parts of The Constitution they choose to abide by what's to stop slavery from making a comeback?
And while were at it how can you suspend a person's 2nd amendment rights if they're on the no-fly list? I say go for the 4th amendment. The govt will get a lot more mileage out of that one. This country is f-cked up beyond repair.

Shug
11-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Too late, 4th Amendment has already been voided. "Warrantless wiretapping", anyone? Which, oddly, is advocated for by the same Sen F*stein who wants to void 2A, too. Oh, and let's not forget the other big cigar burn through the middle of 4A with civil seizures.

Shug
11-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Looks like I managed to kill off another thread.

Punch The Clown
11-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Looks like I managed to kill off another thread.

No, just digesting and getting disgusted.

jason60chev
11-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Trey Gowdy had a heated (on his part) exchange with a Homeland Security person about how placing people on a "No - whatever- List" violates their due process. The person said that people can petition to be removed from the list, but Gowdy pressed about the process of being placed on the list in the first place and that people do not know that they are on the list until they try to travel or whatever.

Shug
11-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Debate about the implementation details of "no-<*>" that turn the system into a Kafkaesque mess for innocent people who get sucked into it are drowned out by the majority who have the "safety at any costs" mindset. I'm in favor of keeping people with histories of violence away from opportunities to commit mayhem (i.e. no guns for convicted violent felons), but there needs to be due process and transparent mechanisms for people who believe they don't deserve to be designated to see evidence against them and petition for relief before a unbiased arbiter. Hmmm, where have I heard that concept before? I guess that amendment is on its way out, too.

Punch The Clown
11-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Remember, we can violate the rights of millions if it "Saves Just One Life"