PDA

View Full Version : To Muzzle Break or Not to Muzzle Break?

JGW
10-06-2017, 09:29 AM
How much do you experience a difference in having the muzzle break vs not having it?

I'm not really talking about recoil, things such as balance of the rifle, how quickly you can get back on target, length of rifle (after removing 6" from barrel and then putting 2-3 inches back on it), etc.

Shug
10-06-2017, 07:48 PM
I had a muzzle brake on a 308 Mini-G and ended up selling the brake. It did reduce recoil slightly, but not enough to prevent my shoulder from hurting after a few hours at the range. While the Mini-G itself brought lots of positive comments, the brake caused anyone at adjoining benches to complain about being stuck in a hair dryer. It sends a lot of gas sideways, enough to be uncomfortable to bystanders. I have enough practice with the rifle that the brake made no real difference in target re-acquisition.

musketjon
10-09-2017, 01:01 AM
I can tell you that the guy next to you at the range is not going to like you very much.
Jon

timshufflin
10-14-2017, 11:43 AM
From a hunting standpoint, the brake rules. It greatly reduces muzzle flip. All other comments are dead on.

dogboysdad
10-26-2017, 07:11 AM
I can tell you that the guy next to you at the range is not going to like you very much.
Jon

Truth! They will hate you.

blfuller
05-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Just curious if anyone has compared the performance of the BM59E brake with the Smith Enterprises Garand brake?

timshufflin
05-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Just curious if anyone has compared the performance of the BM59E brake with the Smith Enterprises Garand brake?

1. I can find no felt difference
2. I will not deal in any of the smith products since they sued their own customers for talking about not getting the products that they had ordered.

koreanwargrandson
05-04-2018, 10:50 PM
1. I can find no felt difference
2. I will not deal in any of the smith products since they sued their own customers for talking about not getting the products that they had ordered.

Don't forget their recent hit piece curse laden video blasting an unknown m14 build on a rockola/bula receiver they posted to facebook. Personally felt that hurt their rep more than it hurt rockola/bula. I off loaded the few smith items i had left after that.

timshufflin
05-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Don't forget their recent hit piece curse laden video blasting an unknown m14 build on a rockola/bula receiver they posted to facebook. Personally felt that hurt their rep more than it hurt rockola/bula. I off loaded the few smith items i had left after that.

Yep Bula has their problems but that piece was absolutely unacceptable.

Eli
05-06-2018, 01:45 AM
This one?

https://www.facebook.com/SmithEnterpriseInc/videos/1653335938091766/
I'd be curious to see if that's a factory Bula, a JRA, or some home-build.

Eli