PDA

View Full Version : 1911 parkerizing?

medman
01-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Any chance that you offer your services for the other best weapon from WWII? (1911?). This one may need some love. Not sure if I知 going to blue it or park it... thoughts?2411

Punch The Clown
01-06-2018, 10:06 PM
I can't find my magnifying glass :D

Bob W
01-07-2018, 01:43 AM
Any chance that you offer your services for the other best weapon from WWII? (1911?). This one may need some love. Not sure if I知 going to blue it or park it... thoughts?2411

OH NO!!! How could you desecrate a National Monument by molesting its historical state?? The ghosts of the soldiers who handled that piece will now roam the night malcontent!! It's a tragedy of epic proportion....... Blasphemy!...
oh wait a minute.... that one belonged to a supply clerk in Akron Ohio........never mind..............

Or maybe the CMP will offer the service, then it will be approved and not considered re-blued, just an authorized repair

medman
01-07-2018, 09:42 AM
OH NO!!! How could you desecrate a National Monument by molesting its historical state?? The ghosts of the soldiers who handled that piece will now roam the night malcontent!! It's a tragedy of epic proportion....... Blasphemy!...
oh wait a minute.... that one belonged to a supply clerk in Akron Ohio........never mind..............

Or maybe the CMP will offer the service, then it will be approved and not considered re-blued, just an authorized

repair

LOL! Or maybe it痴 a MKIV S80 surplus Colt from Israel.

canes7
01-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Or maybe the CMP will offer the service, then it will be approved and not considered re-blued, just an authorized repair

I知 pretty sure that one belonged to a cross-dressing company clerk from Toledo, Oh. No repark necessary, just wipe of the mascara and lipstick.

medman
01-07-2018, 11:47 AM
This thread has taken an unanticipated turn... Im curious what will come next.

Bob W
01-07-2018, 01:00 PM
This thread has taken an unanticipated turn... Im curious what will come next.

You Rabblerouser, Yes, I'll be flamed as soon as they read this.

Bob W
01-07-2018, 01:32 PM
I知 pretty sure that one belonged to a cross-dressing company clerk from Toledo, Oh. No repark necessary, just wipe of the mascara and lipstick.

Yeah, but you'll never get rid of that smell, did you ever notice if you give your wife something to hold in her purse for you it never smells the same again?

timshufflin
01-07-2018, 06:21 PM
My specialty is the Garand, M1 Carbine and 1903. I do all guns but they must come completely torn down with NO two parts attached to each other. All pins and springs should be left with you at home. You would simply fill out the order form on my site with your address and phone info, pick a parkerizing color, in the notes put $125 park job which includes shipping when pertaining to handguns.

dogboysdad
02-13-2018, 10:22 PM
I have seen a 1911 reparked by Tim. Top quality stuff. Or was that you Stu?

Punch The Clown
02-13-2018, 10:28 PM
It was I under Tim's watchful eye. Came out nice if I say so myself.

timshufflin
02-15-2018, 06:27 AM
It was I under Tim's watchful eye. Came out nice if I say so myself.

Except for the damn hand grip on the slide you potzer!

Punch The Clown
02-15-2018, 09:05 AM
I went real easy on the media. I didn't want to soften any edges or detail at all.

dogboysdad
02-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Except for the damn hand grip on the slide you potzer!

I want to see pictures. I recall it being a thing of beauty.