PDA

View Full Version : Parts ID.

ZBeast
03-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Oky, I have acquired a couple of parts that look interesting. The bolt I have discovered is a German Sauer & Sohn replacement. The safety has me baffled. Has anyone an idea of what the T.I 90 refers to? Appears to be like new and well made with clean forging strikes.

p.s. Whats the meaning of the two funky stylized eagles on the bolt? Proof marks? Trade mark stamp?

Thanks up front, ZB.

seaninmich
03-29-2018, 07:13 PM
T.I. = TONG INDUSTRIES. Korean. M14 safety

timshufflin
03-29-2018, 09:25 PM
There was a whole thread on the CMP forum years ago about that bolt. I'm sorry to say that I didn't pay much attention to it except to say it is german.

canes7
03-30-2018, 08:34 AM
I’m pretty sure the consensus of that thread was that the reputation of the Sauer and Sohn bolts was that they were “soft” or whatever terminology was being parroted at that time. I do not recall anyone having first-hand experience with them having issues though. But with the easily available GI bolts why take a chance.

timshufflin
03-30-2018, 11:07 AM
I’m pretty sure the consensus of that thread was that the reputation of the Sauer and Sohn bolts was that they were “soft” or whatever terminology was being parroted at that time. I do not recall anyone having first-hand experience with them having issues though. But with the easily available GI bolts why take a chance.

It would be a fun experiment to do. Measure headspace to start, fire 5 rounds, re measure, fire 20 re measure, fire 50...

canes7
03-30-2018, 12:17 PM
It would be a fun experiment to do. Measure headspace to start, fire 5 rounds, re measure, fire 20 re measure, fire 50...

To make it even more interesting you could have your favorite bone cancer recipient fire it until failure.