PDA

View Full Version : Quality of NM Rear Sights / Front Sights

JGW
04-28-2018, 05:17 PM
All - I want to get a set of NM, hooded aperture rear sights and NM front sight. USGI are expensive. Fulton sells commercial, as do others.

Any experience with the quality of the ones Fulton / others sell?

JGW

GBYENKO
04-28-2018, 06:39 PM
I bought a NM rear site from sarco and it seams fine

GBYENKO
04-29-2018, 02:03 PM
I got a rear NM rear hooded aperture from sarco about a year ago. seems fine i'm sure its probably a repo, don't have a GI one to compare it to. $34.95 I just ordered a couple from midway Krieger $34.99. I'll compare them when they get here and post.

Greg

JGW
04-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Thanks. Please do post your impressions of them.

JGW

GBYENKO
05-04-2018, 09:50 PM
I got my Krieger NM rear sight aperture from midway today. I really like it. The hood is a little larger than the one I got from sarco a couple years ago and it is a little over sized on the runners. The one from sarco required no fitting( fit with a little play like the standard one). It took me about 5min to fit using a fine small file. Fit nice and tight with very little to 0 play. All in all a nice site for a reasonable price $39.99 Perfect for someone like me who wants to up grade their rear sight but does not have the need or want to spend the $$ for a true NM set.
Greg

JGW
05-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Thank you.

JGW

Orlando
05-06-2018, 03:46 PM
I got my Krieger NM rear sight aperture from midway today. I really like it. The hood is a little larger than the one I got from sarco a couple years ago and it is a little over sized on the runners. The one from sarco required no fitting( fit with a little play like the standard one). It took me about 5min to fit using a fine small file. Fit nice and tight with very little to 0 play. All in all a nice site for a reasonable price $39.99 Perfect for someone like me who wants to up grade their rear sight but does not have the need or want to spend the $$ for a true NM set.
Greg

you are not getting the benefits of a NM sight , what about the finer windage adjustment ? You are only using the aperture

GBYENKO
05-06-2018, 07:38 PM
you are not getting the benefits of a NM sight , what about the finer windage adjustment ? You are only using the aperture

True. That is what I meant when I stated need for a TRUE NM set. You would also need the thinner front sight. I am not recommending this for some one wanting a competition rifle, just a fun can killer.

With my old eyes the hooded/shaded aperture really helps