PDA

View Full Version : USPS Priority Mail

dogboysdad
11-04-2018, 11:43 PM
I scored a complete M14 bolt and trigger group on another forum. I confirmed the terms of sale, bought my USPS money order, and placed it in a USPS Priority flat-rate mailer. I used a pre-printed shipping label from my office correctly addressed to the seller. 24 hours later the same mailer was delivered to my office. Assuming it was returned for some mysterious reason, I confirmed the address and went back to the post office. The clerk advised that it must have been entered into the system incorrectly, so she “fixed” it by writing “TO:” next to the seller’s address. 48 hours later the same package arrives at my office. Mind blown. I sent it out regular mail the 3rd time. Nice job USPS.

jak
11-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Are the pre-printed labels used just for returns to your office or for any outgoing shipment ? The bar code on the label could be directing the package to be shipped to your office. Computers and scanners don't care what address is written on the package or envelope, they go by the bar code.

Eli
11-05-2018, 09:24 AM
I was told recently to be careful of where you put your return address, for whatever reason this seems to be an increasing problem. I can tell you from experience, do not put the return address centered on the back of the envelope as has been traditional for cards and such!

Eli

Prince Humperdink
11-05-2018, 12:48 PM
I can't see a government run entity making a mistake?!!

Orlando
11-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Look at it this way, atleast it didn't get lost

Punch The Clown
11-08-2018, 08:09 AM
That is why you put the mailing address and the return address as the same. I was told to do that by my local postmaster.