PDA

View Full Version : BM59E barrel VS BM59 barrel?

toolmanm203
01-06-2019, 12:33 PM
Can the BM59 barrels Sarco is selling be used with the BM59 kits with the bipod and tri compensator? I am assuming no and they have to be modified but wanted to ask if anyone has tried it.

seaninmich
01-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Can the BM59 barrels Sarco is selling be used with the BM59 kits with the bipod and tri compensator? I am assuming no and they have to be modified but wanted to ask if anyone has tried it.

they cannot be used with the ital kit in any way, there is no way to modify it to work, unless you have some way to make the chamber end 1/2" longer

toolmanm203
01-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Is there anyone currently selling BM59 barrels? I have looked around and have not found any so what is everyone else using for their builds?

timshufflin
01-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Is there anyone currently selling BM59 barrels? I have looked around and have not found any so what is everyone else using for their builds?

Shuff's Parkerizing will make you one. Prices are on his site :)

toolmanm203
01-06-2019, 07:35 PM
OK I must have missed that, what barrels are you using and how much are they? Sorry I just saw the price for converting a criterion barrel.

seaninmich
01-06-2019, 08:00 PM

no one is mass-producing any and originals are virtually impossible to find. Your only option is to have a new .308 barrel modified to BM59 ital

toolmanm203
01-07-2019, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the help guys I will call Tim and get a couple of them.

seaninmich
01-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys I will call Tim and get a couple of them.

You cannot purchase a barrel modification unless shuffle also does your receiver mod

toolmanm203
01-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Well that's a bummer now I have to make a new plan of attack on this thing. Thanks for that info

SWOH
02-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Can the chrome-line Fulton Criterion barrels be used for this?

Joker_from_TN
08-17-2022, 10:42 PM
I just picked up a new unmarked .308 Garand barrel for my BM-59 project. I was trying to check the BM-59 forum but couldn't access it without the 5 posts (as I just saw in the post earlier) so I didn't know where to ask. This one is short chambered and was told that it measures 23-3/4" from the beginning of the breech to the end of the barrel. I can add a photo of it (and my kit) when it gets here on Tuesday, butI was wondering if the length sounds like the correct length for a BM-59 kit with the grenade launcher and tri-compensator fixed-stock version?

Joker_from_TN
09-08-2022, 01:53 PM
On the question of barrels for a BM-59, I recently picked up a .308 Garand barrel that is unmarked. But the chamber holds a .308 round instead of a .30-06, and while the front of the barrel lets the tri-comp, the greanade launcher gas system, etc. fit on it, with that done and the bipod legs folded to match their spots on the BM-59 stock, the chamber of the barrel sits about where the heel of a receiver normally would. Am I correct in presuming that this barrel would be a good candidate for Tim's barrel conversion service, assuming I can EVER find a Springfield M1 Garand receiver for sale at less than the price of buying an entire rifle just to harvest the receiver off of it? I am trying to figure out if this build is even doable at this point, what with Garand receivers becoming unobtainium over the last couple of years. I can add pictures if needed but the description above pretty much tells the story and I could find NO markings on the barrel whatsoever to photograph.