PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Question

valkyriemc
03-30-2019, 08:28 PM
Gentleman, can someone pls point me to info on how to properly package an M1 and what shipping service to use to ship my rifle to Tim ? Any verbiage to use when dealing with the shipper ??

TIA.

Punch The Clown
03-31-2019, 08:24 AM
Send it usps priority mail, properly insured. No mention on the box of firearms or fragile as this will just encourage the thieving postal service employees to liberate or manhandle your items. Brown cardboard shipping box with plenty of padding. Make sure you pad the heck out of the ends of the box and secure with about a pound of tape as the postal employees like to drop boxes from high places onto the ends to see if they can get the contents to shoot out like a torpedo. No peanuts as Tim hates them. Check your tracking and when it says "Delivered" it probably was. If you call Tim to confirm it makes him have to stop what he is doing and delays the whole process.

Orlando
04-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Best way to ship is in a cheap plastic foam lined gun case in a cardbard box.

dogboysdad
04-15-2019, 09:13 PM
I’ll let Tim offer his insight as to how he wants things shipped. Personally, the old CMP shipping boxes rock. I just had a guy send me a Remington 1917 via Shipmygun.com. It was a little wonky waiting for my FFL to be approved and the label generated, but the seller claimed he saved a substantial sum over UPS. I understand that it’s discounted shipping through Buds Gun Shop.

Prince Humperdink
04-17-2019, 11:50 AM
I too love the old shipping boxes that CMP used.I ship through usps,but that's all I have in my small town.

centurion20000
04-17-2019, 12:04 PM
I threw mine in a Pelican 1700 case after taking the barreled receiver off from the stock. Shipped via UPS with locks on it and then just emailed Tim the code for the locks.

Zorba
04-18-2019, 06:54 AM
I used the CMP case that I tye-wrapped shut, then sheathed in cardboard. I enclosed extra tye-wraps for the return journey, Tim put them on. I also put in some extra foam at the bbl end so the rifle wouldn't slide around and punch a hole in the CMP case - apparently that can happen with the newest (tan) batch of cases. In any event, it got there and got back just fine and the cardboard sheath kept the case pristine.

Shipped by USPS per Tim's recommendation (legal for long guns ONLY).

Punch The Clown
04-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Hidden camera film of postal "workers" at "work"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730